AAM drw vs srw

WPDiesel

I've read and don't have the resources to look on my own but I have a srw AAM 11.5 under my 2nd gen dodge it's is a drw truck I was just going to pull with it and use spacers for the inner tire to clear the frame but I decided to put it back on the street. I've reade the actual hubs are interchangeable on the spindles and that's the width difference but I've always that it was the axle tube itself can someone tell me whether I can just switch my srw hubs to a dually and go on without having to buy a new axle and grinding it all down and welding it thanks guys!?

Can someone measure the length of the axle tubes on a drw AAM then? From where it inserts the hog to the 4 bolt flange on the back side of the spindle!? Thanks!!

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought all 2nd gens had Dana axles. AAM came into play for the '03 MY.

He has moved the spring pads and shock mounts to put an AAM under a 2cnd gen.

With most other axles the DRW unit will not the be same flange to flange, narrower IIRC.

Here is the verdict of anyone can use this info great!! A srw AAM under a 2nd gen since frame rails are skinny they work as a drw axle from mounting to leaf is like 14"
Srw- 4 bolt mounting plate to where the tubes are pressed into the housing is approximately 19 3/16"
Drw- is 18 3/16
I would personally think the dually would be wider but my tape measure says no

Back