? about 35's and a leveling kit.

cgnav

Howdy all.
This is my first post, so don't beat me up to bad if this ? has been asked 100 times.
My ? is if i get a Donahoe leveling kit for my 06 F-350 Amarillo. The rims that are on there are the 20X8's that came on the truck. Can i run 35X12.50R20's. or 35X13.50R20's whith my stock rims.
My concern is if they will rub anywhere. I am not a big fan of too much lift. i just want enough to clear the tires.
Thanks in advance for any info. later.

Echmmm,...echmm....

i know a guy that had no lift and 36's,...i think he said he could've put 37's or so on it

TANKS 250 said:
Echmmm,...echmm....

i know a guy that had no lift and 36's,...i think he said he could've put 37's or so on it

Is that the same guy with cut-out flares and the one who uses concrete filled milk gallon jugs as tire stands???

.....or a different guy?????

LOL :hehe: :D

As DC pointed out that I have a 2.5" and 20x10's with 35x12.5r20 Toyo MT's. I rub when i hit a bump when turning at full lock. I would recommend the 4.5 when running any aftermarket rims and 35's, the reason I went with only the 2.5 is cause I needed to keep the bed height low for my gooseneck enclosed trailer.

i've been meaning to call and talk to you DC, but i just cant/dont make time for it....i purchased the DR 2.5 kit and waited 3 weeks for the springs cause of problems DR was having or something. the kit is alright, thats about it though. the front coil springs bow(are they supposed to do that?). and the ride is pretty bumpy! i dont mind the stiffness factor, but it is bumpier than stock. i want to upgrade to the 4.5, but i cant justifie spending an extra grand, when the truck doesnt drive write with a 2.5 kit on it:bang i have taken it to get aligned how many times, and it still goes right. not like a pull, but almost like a scrub! i did notice when i was putting the kit on that it seemed that my fron axle was not ligning up to the swaybar mounts on one side, and the other side was way to close. so it seemed that the axle was out of aligment! maybe this is the problem or what...?
but all in all, in a perfect world i would get the 20x10's under a 4.5 lift....

strokedviking said:
i've been meaning to call and talk to you DC, but i just cant/dont make time for it....i purchased the DR 2.5 kit and waited 3 weeks for the springs cause of problems DR was having or something. the kit is alright, thats about it though. the front coil springs bow(are they supposed to do that?). and the ride is pretty bumpy! i dont mind the stiffness factor, but it is bumpier than stock. i want to upgrade to the 4.5, but i cant justifie spending an extra grand, when the truck doesnt drive write with a 2.5 kit on it:bang i have taken it to get aligned how many times, and it still goes right. not like a pull, but almost like a scrub! i did notice when i was putting the kit on that it seemed that my fron axle was not ligning up to the swaybar mounts on one side, and the other side was way to close. so it seemed that the axle was out of aligment! maybe this is the problem or what...?
but all in all, in a perfect world i would get the 20x10's under a 4.5 lift....

Call me?

Did you buy the system through Truck Toyz?

As for the bow, the radius arms move the axle in an arc...so when the suspension compresses it'll straighten the coil out. If the coil was straight at ride height, it would bow during compression.

As for bumpier than stock...that shouldn't be the case. The inital spring rate of the DR coils (they are dual rate coils) is softer than stock. And the DR shocks are valved for the SD with little compression and high rebound valving.

What tires are you running? What psi are you running?
The majority of the time when people have a stiff ride they are running too much psi in the larger AT and MT tires....

The pulling to the right could also be from the tires.
Does it do it on all roads?
Is caster more or less the same side to side?

You can measure to see if the axle is centered underneath the truck or not...

thanks DC, i'll call sometime when i get a chance...maybe next week! thanks for you help! hope to talk to you soon!

Back