About to buy new truck have a few questions

ncorey

Hi guys,
I am about to buy a new 6.7 and I plan on running about 700-800hp. My question is with running that much power would I be better off buying a manual then upgrade the clutch or get a custom built automatic?

Hi guys,
I am about to buy a new 6.7 and I plan on running about 700-800hp. My question is with running that much power would I be better off buying a manual then upgrade the clutch or get a custom built automatic?

Either would work. Theres a medium size tranny shop here in texas already doing heavy duty rebuild kits with suncoast converters in 68rfe's. Yes clutches are available too and a good clutch is cheaper than a good auto.

but you are still better off to buy a 5.9.

If you plan on making 700+ anytime soon I would go manual. The 68RFE auto is going to be a tough trans to make hold 700+ hp. Some have already ended up putting a 48 behind the 6.7. The Suncoast built 68 is good to 550hp its the torque that kills you though.

ya know.. that other trans works too. Why don't ya ask SunCoast what they have for it? Yes, it might be a little slower but breaking @ 800 and NOT breaking @ 800 is night and day.

Back