Abs brake light

ramtough01

I have a 06 3500 and the abs and brake light will come on from time to time even when in park idling. Has anyone had this problem and what you do to fix it?

mine just started doing this as well last week. last time my brake lights came on i had a line that was leaking, this time theres no leak and my reservoir is full.

subscribing to figure it out

It happened to me a year ago but keeps coming back and when want to take it in to get the on a scan tool it stops doing it

Have you replaced or removed your wheel bearings recently? I broke an abs sensor removing it from the bearing assy and spliced a sensor from a 1500 in its place. Which inevitably made the brake and ABS lights come on intermittently.

I but a new wheel bearing in few months back that came with a new senser and all. But it did it also before the new senser

If you have someone with a DRB III scan tool, they can tell you which sensor is having trouble.

It appears most of the time its the rear ABS sensor in the top of the diff. It could be an intermittent open or short.

Or just pull the fuse and quit running ABS altogether, this is likely what I will do with mine when on the track, if replacing my rear ABS sensor fixes the problem.

If you have someone with a DRB III scan tool, they can tell you which sensor is having trouble.

It appears most of the time its the rear ABS sensor in the top of the diff. It could be an intermittent open or short.

Or just pull the fuse and quit running ABS altogether, this is likely what I will do with mine when on the track, if replacing my rear ABS sensor fixes the problem.

I have thought about doing this till figure it out but onces I am going down the road it seems to go away or just stay on. I need to get it to a friends shop and on there scanner

I have a fix for you.

tape_zps9b887909.jpg

Back