Abs...........bs

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
:bangGoing home yesterday, I damn near lost the old girl. I was merging from one freeway to another when some idiot in an 18 wheeler decided that he wanted to occupy the space I was in worse than me. I jammed on the brakes and locked down the fronts..... Flatspotted the chit out of my newish tires, and allowed me to slide through the median. After regaining control, checking my shorts, and getting back on the road, I realized I was pretty damn lucky it wasn't raining.

Anyway, Anybody got any Ideas as to why my ABS isnt working? No codes, no idiot lights.

Sounds like it freaked out like you did...LOL. Sorry Post back on track.

Have you ever checked it?? I know with my Ford with the bigger tires the ABS never worked right on mine.

tim what size tires are you running? i know before i recalibrated the speedometer on my truck with the 33's, they were enough to mess with it. some times it would work and some not...just a thought

On both lifted trucks I have owned, (tahoe and this one) in emergency situations, I have been able to lock up the front tires (although not as bad as your's did) even while using some sort of aftermarket programmer to "fix" the abs, it still seems like big tires +emergeny stop = overriding stock abs system...I am not sure why, but have seen it before.
Glad you didn't get smashed, that would've sucked.

The ABS on my truck hasn't worked right from the day I put larger tires on Tim, when I had a working Abbot box (speedo correction box) in it really helped though.

Glad you didn't kiss anything other than the wife that day LOL LOL

When I worked at the Dodge dealership we had a truck come in for that very problem, dude had to stop fast and the ABS no worky. He had lifted the truck and put big knobby tires on it. It made the computer stupid.