AC Compressor Problems

wideopen

Slum Lord
Anyone ever seen the From of the clutch assemble just fall off?

$%28KGrHqV,!hcE7VK6Dh9NBPIYIFrIo!~~60_35.JPG

The front (piece with the 3 rivets) just fell off this weekend. WTF?

No AC sucks!

So can it be put back on? or am I going to have to get a new Compressor?

New compressor, or at least a new clutch. Don't know if you can buy a clutch separate.
Chris

I'm just going to order a new one this week. I have a new Dryer and Orfice tube at the shop.

I just replaced my entire system this past weekend as well, the AC quick connect fittings were a pain!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, my compressor bit the dust yesterday, bout three weeks old? Good thing it was under warranty... can't believe it only lasted that long though

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ordered all new AC parts from Dan @ Valair last summer for my 97 Phil, couldn't beat the prices locally even after shipping!!

Those rivets coming off is usually a sign of high head pressure, meaning you probably have some blockage in your system. Also I would suggest that if you have the push to connect fittings, that you change the springs out in the fittings as well. Weak springs will allow dirt to enter the system and or leak Freon.

Just completed installing the second A/C compressor on the wife's '09. The original factory compressor's clutch failed.

I bought everything new except the evaporator in April 2014. I bought the new stuff 'cause I hate working on this truck and didn't want to lick this calf twice!! This time, the pump locked up.

A note in the new A/C pump box said dodge diesel owners need to get their cooling fans checked. I googled and the only thing I could find was that if the clutch on the cooling fan doesn't kick in when the A/C is turned on, the system could overpressure.

All I know is I'm not charging up the system until next spring so the next owner can try it out. lol

Back