Ac went out today(08 2500)

johnhaynes18

Hey everybody well driving along the highway on a 2 hour trip today and nearly to my destination my ac stops blowing cold, I park the truck at my house and open the hood and there's a clearish liquid that looked like it was under pressure because it's all over the place on the passenger side of the engine bay and also it's all in my passenger fender well. The liquids is clearish I could see my skin through it when it was on my hand but it was thick sort of like oil. Any ideas on what's going on with it would be helpfull. O and my truck has been leaking a fluid for the last few weeks, my rear main seal went out a few weeks ago and it was replaced and when I got it back the next day I noticed it was still leaking but not as much and i think it's my ac that's leaking(the leaks by the firewall on the passenger side of the vehicle if that means something. And my truck is right at 42,000 miles... Thanks everybody hope that wasn't to confusing!

Not sure what the liquid could be. But I do know that 3rd gen dodges have had a bunch of AC problems. There was a thread started about it not to long ago, may want to search it. Also, you had a rear main seal go out with only 42,000 miles on your truck?

Ya these ac units suck big green donkey **** i have just a shade over 80k on my 07 6.7 and my compressor is locked up tighter than a nuns ****. I live in WY and travel back to MO alot and not having AC blows.

Dodge quit using Sanden compressors after '05 - the Halle units that superceeded them are of markedly less quality (but retrofitting is pretty straight forward).

That's why there's a large cost difference between them.