add-a-leaf

nummit

I'm going to ditch my 5" DR rear blocks in favor of an add a leaf and the stock F-250 blocks to try and get rid of some wheel hop. My question is who makes a decent add a leaf that won't make the ass end of my truck bounce off the road due to stiffness but will still get rid of the wheel hop and give a good ride?

Pete, when I added the 2" mini spring pack to my front, I also put in a 1.5" deaver add-a-leaf. I think it was about 90 bucks, and lifted it at least 2" initially. I didnt notice any real change in ride quality.

Eric

I just bought a set from Rough County and am installing them this weekend, I'll let you know how they ride

I have the add a leaves in the front and back of my truck. I do notice it is stiffer but let's face it these truck don't ride that well to begin with. I got them from rough country, about $150 for all 4 corners.

I was going to go this route but at the time no one had a good set up. So I went with a 1.5 block and 1.5 add a leaf by Pro Comp and it's fine. It is stiffer than stock but no that noticeable.

I am going to copy you but I am going to need more rear lift

Are you 250 OR 350? My 250 is level with this set up. It looks like in your aviator you like it higher in the rear. Can I say that?:hehe:

With a 4.5" hanger kit in the front and a 5" rear block the truck is almost dead nuts level. Losing lift in the rear is going to make it nose high and I really don't like that look. I want it to be atleast level, but would prefer the rear to be about 1-1.5" higher than the front.

Did you keep the factory block? It sounds like it was taken out? When I lifted my truck it was at first 4" in the front and 3" block in the back. Then the 1.5 block + 1.5 add a leaf. How do you like the hangers. I found the stock springs to soft on the highway and choose to do this route instead. Do the Bilstein shocks help?

I still have the factory 2.5" block in the garage..The only block currently in the truck is a 5" with stock rear springs.
Cant give an opinion about Billies, I have DR Sigs

Best I have ever owned...Not saying much since the only other shocks I have used are either stock or Rancho RS 5000. Both crap IMO!
They are a bit more expensive but the ride and build quality are great.