added 188/220 hamilton cam

jfk3

Wasn't sure where to ask, 2004.5, 2500 , 6spd manual, dd clutch, 64/14 super phat shaft tubo, smarty s06 pod, 90 hp injectors, banks ram and intercooler, 5 inch exhaust, s&b intake.....just added 188/220 cam, springs, studs, rods...Towing 10k thru rocky mntns often....last trip before cam s06 set on sw5, tq stock, tm default, rp default, waste gate off, pod 70. went thru mountains like on fire, little less power but able to keep egt's below 1250,but had to keep rpms 1900-2200, and boost 30-35 at hard pulls. Added last week. Getting ready to add udc....2 questions....1 changed pod to 85 all else same, runs great empty, no smoke and cool. should i move up to sw7???or other changes???? 2----where do i start with udc??? sw5 and current settings???

You don't need 3 question marks per question. One is sufficient.

I did not know that an english teacher would be reading my thread!!!

x2 , you'll get a bit more help if you organize your posts into something easy to read for others.

With UDC you will be able to load your stock tune off of the samrty and then compare it with some of the sample tunes they provide you with.

In my eyes UDC is in its infantcy as most of the stuff you'll want to do is not possible yet, the software is pretty basic but it's going to let you fine tune in a way you couldn't before.

Start off with something similair to what your running now and go for a drive with a pen and notepad, make notes of area's (rpm & load %) that are too hot or too smokey for you and adjust accordingly.

Fill out a sig too when you get a chance, it'll save you some hassle.

Dafuk you just say??? Id run it the same as you did before and see how it does the go from there.

When you see your tune in a UDC lay out it will end up in the trash bin! As for right now #5 is the best for mileage 85 POD is fine makes the pedal less jumpy still 100% fueling.

Back