Adding a BOV?

4x4freak

Just a college kid
Has anyone here done this? Is it as easy as putting one on the cold side and tapping into the vacuum line?

Has anyone here done this? Is it as easy as putting one on the cold side and tapping into the vacuum line?

i dont think its that easy. there is a kit out there, i think BD, for the 6.0. kinda pricey tho at like 600+.

Garrett

Can someone tell me why it isn't as easy as tapping the cold side pipe.....What is so envolved to make it cost that much.....

No throttle blades to create a pressure differential. BD's controller is electronic.

Is there not a way to use the drive pressure for a vacuum signal?

Is there not a way to use the drive pressure for a vacuum signal?

There is a way, thats how ours works. Its a simple pressure differential valve. When drive pressure and the spring stay above the boost level the valve is closed. Loss of drive allows the valve to open to balance excessive boost pressure. It is for surge though, not meant to control overall system boost. It will release excessive boost pressure but at the risk of over speeding the charger. We do not recommend using it for that purpose.

It will release excessive boost pressure but at the risk of over speeding the charger.

Please explain:
Are you talking about under boost conditions (Part-WOT) it will vent or leak pressure causing the turbo to get out of its efficiency zone OR when it is open the turbo will speed up as it has no pressure to work ageist?

Please explain:
Are you talking about under boost conditions (Part-WOT) it will vent or leak pressure causing the turbo to get out of its efficiency zone OR when it is open the turbo will speed up as it has no pressure to work ageist?

it will leak out boost pressure and under WOT the vanes will try to correct for that and overspeed the turbo trying to make full boost.

Garrett

Back