Adding fuel filters

mrmuddy76

Has any one added fuel filters to Ur cr? I have set that want to add but I don't see an "easy" to do it. But then again there might not be one.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Very easy one is mount a 2 micron pre CP3! I've used a large diesel filter and I only need to change it once a year! When cut open it really does it's job but has plenty of life left in it! If you want some pictures I'll crawl under tonight and take some!

Ya sure ill take some pics, I have a 2 micron paired with a water Sep. That I'm trying to add

Bout 10,000 threads on this on cf. I know glacier sells a few different kits as does Vulcan. Not to hard to make yourself if you've got the filter heads and some scrap steel and time. Don't forget hoses and fittings.

In doing this, do you get rid of the stock filter housing? I never liked the kits where you add a filter after the stock housing and bolt on the apps bracket. It just clutters the engine bay up.

Bout 10,000 threads on this on cf. I know glacier sells a few different kits as does Vulcan. Not to hard to make yourself if you've got the filter heads and some scrap steel and time. Don't forget hoses and fittings.

Ya I have the heads and fittings, my plan is to install it under the truck out of the way . My question is really how to tap into the fuel lines before the stock filter housing. I would like to leave the stock filter there even if it doesn't do any thing

Just cut out a section and clamp some fuel hose over it with some hose clamps. Cheap and works great.

In doing this, do you get rid of the stock filter housing? I never liked the kits where you add a filter after the stock housing and bolt on the apps bracket. It just clutters the engine bay up.

you can buy a delete bracket if you get aftermarket filters/system. I agree I dont even like the factory bowl I like the spin on filter setup alot better

Back