Adding Reverse Sensors

Lifted94XLT

to add reverse sensors to a truck that didn't come with them from the factory::

Do you just have to get the bumper, the sensors, the pigtail that connects all the sensors to the harness at rear of truck, reverse sensor button and panel on dash, and a fuse for the location of the reverse sensors in the fuse panel??? is it as easy as that?? I've been lead to believe that the truck is already wired for them, you just have to add the above parts..... I have all but the button and dash panel....

Has anyone done this???

Thanks
--Ryan

I don't know how easy the factory system is to install, but there are aftermarket systems available.

Thanks, I went and priced the dash panel and the reverse sensor shutoff button, and its $86 for the two from ford!!:umno: Holy Crazy Expensive Batman!!

--Ryan

Does anybody have, or know of a place that may have a wiring diagram to include the reverse sensor wiring throughout the truck?? maybe I can use it to track down the wires and see if its already installed in the main harness and fuse panel. Thanks.

--ryan

i know behind mine there is a plug for the dash switch there. But i don't know about the rear. Maybe try a junk yard or place like that and find a wrecked one maybe