adj. track bar?

strokedviking

whats up there fella's?
so i just got some rims and tires for my truck, and since they stick out farther it made it very noticable that my front axle is moved over about an inch to the driver side. this is due to my donahoe leaveling kit. i called them about it, and they said that i need there adjustible track bar. just wondering if any of you guys needed one of these, and if so which brand did you get and where did you get it from? thanks!

Yeah, when you lift it up, the angle of the bar changes and it pulls the front to one side. You can get a drop bracket for it, or get the adjustable track bar.

with an adj. bar. after you put the lift on, disconnect the bar at the axle mount, drive the truck forwards and backwards 10 or 20 feet in a straight line and then attach the track bar. the axle will self center and then turn the track bar adjusting it out until it fits, snug it back and tighten that beeotch down!

they rarely sell you one until you get a 4.5+ inch lift but it can be a ***** to get it to work good w/o out it.

thanks for the replys! should i just go with the donahoe adj. one, or are there other adj. ones out there for a better price? money is a little scares for me right now, seeing as i just bought rims and tires:bang

a drop bracket would be cheaper, but the DR adj bar is nice and it would still work for ya if you went higher

Check the Fabtech adj bar price, I have the Donahoe 4.5 kit with the Fabtech bar and it works fine it's made of steel like the factory bar. I've though of getting the DR drop bracket but I'm not sure if it will make a difference. I bought a drop pitman arm but haven't installed it yet.

leros said:
Check the Fabtech adj bar price, I have the Donahoe 4.5 kit with the Fabtech bar and it works fine it's made of steel like the factory bar. I've though of getting the DR drop bracket but I'm not sure if it will make a difference. I bought a drop pitman arm but haven't installed it yet.

put on the drop pitman, it will help

the fabtech bar is fine, but IMHO the DR bar is the best one around without going custom. Ill second the idea of talking to jesse @ farmboyfab - good guy.

if you do a drop pitman arm and not a drop bracket for the trac-bar you will get bump steer if i am correct. i am pretty sure they must both be at the same angle

secret is to keep the angles in line. if they are inline w/o the drop bracket then a drop bracket is not necessary but if you have to put a big drop pitman arm on there and it lowers the rod, then you will probably need to drop the track bar some to keep it in line. i have an adj. Fabtech bar and a drop pitman arm and my are in line perfectly.

Back