Adjustable shocks

Lostnwalmart

So I need new shocks on the truck and was wanting some adjustable shocks to better tune in my suspension. Ordered a set of Ranchero 9000 but found out they only are recommended them for stock or lifted trucks and mine is lowered 3 inches in the rear. I got them for the fronts but who makes a good adjustable shock for lowered trucks? If I cant find adjustable ones what is the best valving to go with. I have been told 50/50 is the best point to start at. Would like every advantage to get this thing to hook and it seems like shocks are over looked by most. :pop:

you should be able to order the ranchos based on length and mounting style. meaning something universal should work or something from another application.

Just go to rancho and look up the number. Have them on dads drag truck its 5in lower then stock and has 9000s

I ordered these for my dakota. They should also fit your truck.

Drag Shocks

I ran those on my Chevelle when it was a drag only car. They are great for the track but suck on the street, don't last very long. Also if you have them set for the track they are not set for the street. And you have to remove them to adjust them.

I ran those on my Chevelle when it was a drag only car. They are great for the track but suck on the street, don't last very long. Also if you have them set for the track they are not set for the street. And you have to remove them to adjust them.

Good to know. My Dakota won't be seeing much street use this year. For the price I'm going to try em and see how I like them.

rs9000x

4wd trucks lowered is usually less than a stock 2wd though...

I have those shocks on a lowered 2002 2500 2wd with a straight front axle. It handles bumps like ****. Kinda pogo's around. I need to find something better.

I dont like the pro comp shocks i put on mine, and i didnt think to order for length to compensate for the amount i lowered the back of the truck. Ive been shopping for shocks for the same reason, the truck is very challenged in the traction department. I would imagine our trucks sit about the same so I am very interested to see your results.

What about some QA1 adjustable coil overs? Isn't the truck going to be more of a street strip truck anyways?

Back