Adrenaline on CR's?

Chris Mallett

12ver Swap Idiot
Did these die off or just no luck out of them? I hear no one talking about them, good or bad. Hell are they discontinued? Help me out folks. Maybe *bdh* Who knows.

I had one on my truck. It was ok, I didn't have the chance to run it all out since very time I would my fuel pressure would drop to almost 0psi. The user tuning was cool just they would have a little more info about what each thing would do. It did have good power and the egt defueling was nice.

I tried one out late July/early Aug. Didn't run it long; melted two pistons.

It ran decent alone, better than Revo, not quite TNT. Stacked with TNT, truck ran great! A lot more pep off-idle, smoother pull through the full range, more top end. SOB scooted. Off idle I found myself using less pedal to move; just a little bit and it flat wanted to go.

It's pretty decent I think.

Try any of the custom tunes or do they have any for these? Just not sure why many have not spoke up about any good or bad.

Yea, there are three files to choose, the factory tuning and two custom tunes.

When I got it, the thing was an absolute dog. I don't think it woulda outrun a stock truck by much, if any. I got to nosing around and ended up in the custom tunes, and saw that one of the custom tunes was selected. I raised the rail pressure and it ran a LOT better.

You can change fuel stretch (timing) as a percentage, rail as a percentage, percent of TPS where it adds pressure and when it reaches max pressure. I think theres a couple others.

My biggest issue was the pressure; my truck never has liked pressure for some reason, and it would buck and surge, pop out the stacks, and throw the high rail code cruising at 65. That was mostly on the custom tuning I did, but some with the factory tune. PL5 was a good all-around level, and TNT on 5-9.

Adrenaline/Smarty TNT is stronger than TNT/Dr.P by quite a bit (butt dyno). The all around driving is improved, seemed to be more linear, where Smarty is kind of soggy right off idle until it starts seeing boost, the Adrenaline made it jump. Hard to explain, but hopefully your pickin' up what I'm puttin' down.

Everything I've read about the Adrenaline was from Beta testers that had countless issues and weren't real impressed. So I wasn't expecting much when I got it, but I liked it well enough. Couple bugs that may need worked out still or it's just my truck, hard to say.

Thanks for the input, I understand what you are saying. It is decent, but they should have stuck to VP trucks, right?

For your average Joe, it'd be a nice box. Likely stronger than an Edge alone (Smarty SW5/Quad PL5 will annihilate EdgeLOL) has all the gauges, and will probably hang with Smarty Revo or standard BullyDog. So for a nice kick while towing or around town, it'd be real good. The guy I borrowed it from uses it for towing and daily mostly.

If your looking for all-out power though, Smarty tops it hands down in my experience., both mid and especially top end.

It seems real popular for the VP crowd, but even at that they seem to have issues there too with little things.

I've debated getting one myself and running it, but melting 2 pistons tends to make you leary. So I'm just going to run Smarty and back off of pressure some. I can live with less power for maybe some added longevity