Advice on fuel filter base?

RCCX

Need a sponsor
I am in the process of removing my fass 200 and replacing with a big mitusa pump from Intelligent Engineering.I need to find out where can I get a fuel filter/water seperator base(hopefully with a mounting bracket) for my truck.Who sells these? Thanks for the help.

Cummins has different ones and M&D should have something. NAPA can order it also.

PM Signature600. He can get you the Cummins part number or he might have one laying around. Here's the pic of the Cummins part.

Attachments

• fuelfilter.jpg
    fuelfilter.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 102
joefarmer said:
PM Signature600. He can get you the Cummins part number or he might have one laying around. Here's the pic of the Cummins part.

I pm Signature600,thats exactly what I am looking for,Thanks farmer

I'll post the stuff here too!

Here's what I'll be using:
2 of 3930618S Filter Base
1 of FF5320 2 Micron Fuel Filter
1 of FS1212 Water Separator

You might also need a couple extra o-rings (pt # 255622) to go onto the filter threads.

The filter base is a single base, so you'll need a 1/2" NPT Male to Male connector to tie them together. Also, you can use a FS1000 water separator, but it's longer and may stick down lower than you like. The FS1212 is the same height as the FF.

They make a dual filter base, which is easier to mount and is what Brandon has pictured...part number on it is 212013S...I'm not so sure I like the filtering as much as I would a pair of single bases...the fuel passages looks like they split the fuel between the filters, instead of filtering all the fuel!

Chris

Signature600 said:
Yeah, but those are a 3/4"-16 thread...I don't know if Fleetguard offers a 2 micron filter with those threads...what do you use with them?

Price isn't much higher for the Fleetguard units IIRC
Chris

You can run the perma cool filter they make for it and there's other types of filters that will fit this application

I like that filter setup but it is also too big for guys like me.

I don't know the Fleetguard number for my housing but it is a 6 digit number and the last 3 at 784, using this housing you can add a S3201S Racor 2 Micron Filter and the screw-on water bowl RK30051 and you have a one filter unit.

The fittings in the picture I don't really care for but that is me, if the housing is the same as the one above I was talking about they are a No 10 O-Ring and they come in 6,8,10 and 12AN sizes, any AN fitting place should have them or you can order them from Summit or Jegs.

Jim

Jim Fulmer said:
The fittings in the picture I don't really care for but that is me, if the housing is the same as the one above I was talking about they are a No 10 O-Ring and they come in 6,8,10 and 12AN sizes, any AN fitting place should have them or you can order them from Summit or Jegs.

Jim

If you're talking about the pic Brandon posted, you're correct. The ports are a 10 o-ring, and those fittings are to -8 JIC...since that's the size he's running anyway!

Chris