advice on installing pyrometer sender?

txastuff79

i have the 7.3 with DI's headers. i went to install the pyrometer sending unit and none of the fittings that came with the guage and sender fit in the bungees thast came welded on the header. is this a common problem? suggestions? did the autometer not send me something i need?

also, i noticed with an afe stage 2 intake, garrett bb turbo, headers, etc.... i only hit max of 25 lbs. boost. should i get more or is this common? i recently replaced the up pipes due to leaks.

Do you know what size the fitting in the headers is? I would assume that they just send a general set of fittings that would fit "most" cars/trucks. You'll probably need to order a special fitting to fit. Autometer and Isspro both have several fittings to adapt stuff. Or possably your local auto parts store.

i made it work. i have a bunch of fittings from here and there. took one that was m10 x1.0 female and 1/4 npt machined the inside and a bunch of ther work to make everything fit real nice and the porbe not to bee real far away... works good. no leaks as of yet.

i installed the crankcase bypass kit at the same time. i learned real fast dont stick a breather filter on then end. i immediately started leaking oil from the engine and blowing blue smoke out the tail pipe. removed breather-everything back to normal. may try another filter i have that doesnt have a bafflet plate in it. i was hoping to just collect the oil instead of it just venting to the air and possibly dripping later down the road.

txastuff79 said:
i made it work. i have a bunch of fittings from here and there. took one that was m10 x1.0 female and 1/4 npt machined the inside and a bunch of ther work to make everything fit real nice and the porbe not to bee real far away... works good. no leaks as of yet.

i installed the crankcase bypass kit at the same time. i learned real fast dont stick a breather filter on then end. i immediately started leaking oil from the engine and blowing blue smoke out the tail pipe. removed breather-everything back to normal. may try another filter i have that doesnt have a bafflet plate in it. i was hoping to just collect the oil instead of it just venting to the air and possibly dripping later down the road.

it's gets kinda scary watching the EGTs go up the first couple times isn't it?? ;)

hell yeah. sitting at idle, letting the truck warm up i was like hm... drove around the block a few times easy... i thought cool. then i turned up the money and gave her hell.... holy s**t the needle moves fast. but never went passed 850. didnt stay in it long. ran out of room. not sure what itll do if i keep in it to lets say 70 or 80 mph.

i really dont play with my truck too much. i just like shooting the gun, jumping the hole, teasing the ricers. im not quick enough or have enough umph to actually play yet. plus everyones got me scared about my pm rods. cant afford to do an engine job. hell, i can barely afford it.