Advice on p pump swap for 93

1stgencummins17

just a sled puller
I would like to kno every part tht it invovles in swapping a p pump in place of my ve if anyone could give me a list of everything it takes to do this I would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

All from 94-98 motor
P Pump
Pump bracket
injectors
injector lines
Front timing cover
Front timing cover housing
lift pump
That will get you started...

So I could pretty much just find a second gen motor an rob everything off of it an be good to go? Wat about the second gen injectors being 5 hole an first gen being 6 hole would I have to put 6 hole nozzles on second gen injector body

Buying a whole motor is what i did. It works out pretty sweet that way. The 2nd gen injectors will be fine. If you had a non intercooled head you would need adapters but bein a 93 your fine.

Alrite tht sounds alot easier then scrounging around for parts for the injectors I plan getting a bigger set anyways so really no big deal

if you buy a whole motor any reason for not swapping the whole thing?

I think it would just be the cool factor tht I p pumped my first gen instead or swaping whole motor but thts my 2 cent

By the way 92olblue I see u did the nv4500 swap I'm also considering doing this to my truck it has an auto rite now wats needed to do tht swap an wat do I do for driveshaft lengths an wat about the transfer case with the stick being 29 spline an the auto t case bein 23 spline

Your right on the motor thing. Plus the pistons are different and a true p pumped first gen sounds a taste different.

As far as the nv4500 goes Im not positive becasue mine was the getrag 360 originally. I would venture to say the front shaft gets lengthened and the back shorthened. Then you have the crossmember and im not sure how they are are the auto trucks. With the tcase you could either find a 29 spline or jus simply change out the imput shafts. a place called quad4x4.com has alot of the stuff you will need.

P.S I forgot to mention you will need the throttle linkage off a 94-98 auto or 5speed depending which way you go with it

Ya I've been onto to quad 4x4 site an it said they weren't selling tht kinda of stuff anymore an I've done a ton of research to find stuff out about but still really not sure about it

I've been looking at doing the same swap to a nv4500, from what I've been told by many places is that I'm better off and money ahead to find one out of a stick. If I come across someone that makes the input shaft I'll let you know.

I've heard of a guy over on 1stgen.org who makes a 23 to 29 spline coupler but idk wat thts about haven't really checked into it but I guess it would be a whole lot easier an cheaper to just get one out of a manual

if u do find sumone let me kno or find sum more info I would appreciate it
thanks

Hey redneckroot get ahold of rockjeep73 he makes a coupler tht mates a 23 spline t case to a 29 spline 5 speed or go to shsdiesel.com there's pics of it an stuff

I like the look of the thing, and I think it would be a great upgrade to mate a auto to a 29 spline transfer. My only concern is creating another weak link in the transfer by leaving the 23 spline.

Ya u make a good point I thought of the same thing but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it an see wat happens I suppose

They do look like a nice piece, if I wasn't pulling my truck I'd get one too.

Thts wat I'm gonna do with mine but if I can't come across a 29 spline t case I'll most likely get it an see how it works out for me