Aeromotive Eliminator Pump

Ridemywideglide

Diesel NON-Pro
Just got mine in the mail. Wondering if any of you guys running the A pumps have seen the need for the pump controller..?
$300 to vary voltage to the pump is a bit spendy.. A knob on the dash could do the same for $10.
Any overheating issues on trips? I run about 175 miles round trip a day.

Thanks
Brad

A knob on the dash would handle the 30 amps the pump pulls? Keep your fire extinguisher handy.

I would put it together, then worry about turning it down as needed if it's hot at the end of your trips.

Well that's the plan, I just thought if anyone else running one of these has issues I could save myself some trouble..

We'll see how it works out..

Brad

You have enough fuel to keep the pump cool. That voltage regulator is for the guys running small fuel cells.

All sounds good so far.. So how do you guys wire these up? Would seem you want it in a circuit that still provides power while cranking..? Where do I tie in the relay for the pump to get that?

Thanks
Brad

I tied my A1000 into the factory wiring for an electric fuel pump on my 94. Hope it works well, time will tell. Easy to wire and only runs when there is oil pressure so no switch needed.

So they recommend a 100 micron pre-pump filter and a 10 micron pre-P pump filter..
Could I just put a 10 micron between the tank and the A pump and be done?? Is 10 micron going to be too much restriction? It's listed to flow 2000lbs/hour even tho it's 10 micron.

Thanks
Brad

I would recommend doing it right. 100 micron prefilter ($55, ebay) and no more than a 10 micron main filter. I would strongly recommend a 2 micron.

Yea, the only problem is, like the one you listed, they're mostly 10an.. Seems the price almost doubles to get a -12an filter..
Guess you gotta pay to play huh...

Thanks
Brad

use a relay on the factory pump wire and run a dedicated line to the battery direct. most factory pumps use about 10 amps, that aeromotive will peak at close to 30. I will be switched like the factory pump but you wont fry the truck's harness.

KRC has 12an filter fittings. I believe you can exchange to any fitting end you need for the same price.

Attachments

• KRCfilter.gif
    KRCfilter.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for the info guys.. As soon as I order the remaining $700 worth of hose, fittings, clamps, filters, etc.. I'll be good to go.. lol..

Running it off the factory pump lead, does it hold power while cranking? I'm just thinking about this winter when the truck doesn't fire right off.. If the pump quits pumping when your cranking then what..?