afc block off cover

cumminsram

giddy
Hey,
What do you guys think about running an afc block off cover? Is there any upside to getting rid of your afc entirelly? Where can one be purchased at?

Thanks,Jesse

There is no reason to us an afc block off cover, you can just remove the foot and do the same thing, though if you understand how the afc works and how to modify it to allow full fueling there is no reason to take it off or gut it.

Bobcat698 said:
There is no reason to us an afc block off cover, you can just remove the foot and do the same thing, though if you understand how the afc works and how to modify it to allow full fueling there is no reason to take it off or gut it.

What he said. I would keep it.

do a search, there was a great post on AFC mods a while back. definately leave it in place. properly modified it won't hurt power at all and it will help spool up a lot

Tell you what,you have enough air (turbos LARGE) & or nitrous, do all you want to the AFC run it then take the plate out run it,take the AFC off run it.If you do not pick up power every time you do them in that order something is wrong! You will pick up power if you have enough air!!Stock 215 pump,4000 springs,LC delivery valves & large to XL injectors.Been there done that.
http://www.keatingmachine.com/photos/chassis4.bmp
8.73@158 guess what?NO AFC:shake: :evil

Last edited:
DART505 said:
Tell you what,you have enough air (turbos LARGE) & or nitrous, do all you want to the AFC run it then take the plate out run it,take the AFC off run it.If you do not pick up power every time you do them in that order something is wrong! You will pick up power if you have enough air!!Stock 215 pump,4000 springs,LC delivery valves & large to XL injectors.Been there done that.

8.73@158 guess what?NO AFC:shake: :evil

grind your plate deeper and mod your AFC for more travel... rack travel = fuel... as long as the plate and AFC aren't limiting travel, they aren't hurting power

If you want a cover that's no problem bosch has a cover for the RQV govs that will clear the fuel plate.

Zach

yes, the AFC and the plate are two different things... no real reason not to run a plate, you can grind it as deep as you want/need

I do run a AFC on the street & had a 0 plate & took it out 6 months ago after trying without it.The only time I do not like the no plate is 50mph trying to throttle up without covering both lanes.Might not be for everyone but he did ask about using no plate.Joe Hellmann can make you one.
Again the no AFC was for all out & not very practicle for street cruising.
I would like to get one of the perfect adjusted AFC for all out from one of the tweek masters on this board to try along with the plate they are using to try!
I did build my combo for max power first driveability second & still get 15.8 mpg hiway 78mph 2300 rpm! About to put 3.55 gear to bring the R's down.

Aren't you'll talking about a REAL street driven truck? Keating type truck or a pulling truck leaving the line at 5K is not the same thing so don't treat them the same!

There are so many topics about this on this form or the TDR you should be able to just cut and paste the answers in, but then again there are others that just don't get IT!

Most people running street trucks that take there AFC off, AFC arm off o there plate out so so because they don't know how to tune a 12V.

Jim

Crawl, walk, run! In that order.

1) Crawl: Understand fuel and air mixtures. What happens when too much fuel is added to the system VS air?

2) Walk: Understand the components in the system you are working with. Begin to theorize modifications in the system to maximize performance.

3) Run: Implement the modifications and test them. Measure the test results with proven methods. Forget you have an azz. Its NOT a test method.

Removing a system component can adversly effect performance. One thing that you will quickly learn is that emission control methods are closely related to performance.