afc leave in or remove

zigernot4944

working on Elmers truck
i got a 94 12 valve with no fuel plate, a rack plug, 5000 governor springs with a stock afc to get more fuel out of the pump without having to send it out could i modify or just elimate the afc?

you are better off running a plate and controling your fueling

I would leave the afc and the plate for better control... theres plenty of ppl here who tune the heck out of a 160 pump, but if you want for more rack travel just start off by flipping the washers around on the afc arm

Rick

If its street truck, leave it and ajust correctly..

i got a 94 12 valve with no fuel plate, a rack plug, 5000 governor springs with a stock afc to get more fuel out of the pump without having to send it out could i modify or just elimate the afc?

leave the afc in there and mod it. adjust the gov arm all the way up so it rides on the afc foot all the way.

i have already done all of that but i havent done any adjustments to the afc foot at all i was wondering if i should do something with it cause if u watched the video charlie posted it like surges at the end of the track looses fuel then reapplys it im not sure on wat to really do to it

i have already done all of that but i havent done any adjustments to the afc foot at all i was wondering if i should do something with it cause if u watched the video charlie posted it like surges at the end of the track looses fuel then reapplys it im not sure on wat to really do to it

looked to me like he fell under his turbo

if it fell under the charger why did it keep bringing it back up. see i was having problem with the shut off soleniod when i put the charger on as soon as it would come up it shut the fuel off and i had to pull over and re start the truck to get it to run cause it wouldnt re start with out shuting the key off and restarting i was wondering if it weas someting in the fuel not the charger. my buddy is running the same combination and has no problem at all.

as soon as the rpms came down is when he had problems why it relit I don't know but it looked like he fell under it to me

i got another video where it relit 3 times but the charger lites at 3500 at 60 psi and it never dropped below 4400 rpm

if your afc is hooked up when you have boost you have fuel if you lose boost your gonna lose fuel.

and in the other video does it start to have problems at the end of the track again?

ya it does the same thing when the weight come on but it stays lit mantaining 60psi and spins out at the end of the track

well take the afc out and see what happens. I have pulled with mine in and never had any issues.

btw you made 855hp on a 160 or 175 pump with out sending it out? thats pretty sweet