AFE Intercooler Tube

Mr. Goodtime

I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet, im thinking bout getting one but didnt know if it was worth it or not.

It claims it outflowed the factory unit by 67%, provided an additional 16 horse and 49 lb-ft of torque and lowered egts.

I'll have to look into that but if it only claims 16hp you might get 3 and that's not worth yours or my time wouldn't think.

What it should do is lower the compressor outlet temps. The stock pipe is to small IMHO. I have 3" from turbo to manifold on my 02 and I noticed a difference in Pre and post intercooler temps. Lower air temps me denser air and more power. Are you going to see huge gains? No but it a small peice of the puzzle.

Im running one and i don't notice much of a difference but knowing that it's a bigger diameter i think that 2.5" is too small when the inlet on the intercooler is 3"

i had one on my truck...noticed a difference in the amount of air flow. i have to say though that i changed intercoolers as well at the same time. i just wanted a tube that elimated the rubber 90 degree boot on the lb7s cause i kept blowing holes in them. works great for that. only bad thing is that modifications must be done because the tube isnt long enough and doesnt fit for some reason. easy fix tho just cut and put a piece in there and its fixed. good product tho

I figured it couldnt hurt being bigger cause I already have a banks intercooler on it and the factory one is small. Im not expecting any huge gains but just help make what I have that much better.

i had one on my truck...noticed a difference in the amount of air flow. i have to say though that i changed intercoolers as well at the same time. i just wanted a tube that elimated the rubber 90 degree boot on the lb7s cause i kept blowing holes in them. works great for that. only bad thing is that modifications must be done because the tube isnt long enough and doesnt fit for some reason. easy fix tho just cut and put a piece in there and its fixed. good product tho
X2 My lbz does a 90* turn into the intercooler the afe flows straight into the cooler so that was another selling point IMHO

X2 My lbz does a 90* turn into the intercooler the afe flows straight into the cooler so that was another selling point IMHO

yes, i agree another good point. in my opinion it is a good product especially on an lly and lbz where the tubes on the driver side is very small. helps out a lot with flow.

if i remember right they are around 295 or so....and yes they are hard to get thats for sure. they seem to be popular and they sell a lot of them so they cant get them made and powder coated fast enough.

Thats what I paid for mine as well. I didn't see any from banks when I got my intercooler from them