afe stage2 xp intake question

smoken250

For those of you running this intake, did you reinstall the crankcase breather tube? I have run mine a few years without it? :doh: I dont see where it would go.

Mine had a hole in the tube with a rubber grommet for the CCV tube to stick into.

see mine didnt and now it has me wondering. What could the negatives be here?
So it was a precut hole? I dont see it in the picture i have of your old motor setup. Its the one you posted about the intake and large mouth kit not fitting .

Last edited:
IIRC the hole was on the bottom of the tube...but it was a "factory" hole from AFe.

maybe there was a diff from 04 to 06. I just looked at the truck. The tube hooked onto the old intake end near the grill. When I took all that out, the hose is still attached to it sitting in a box in the floor, I never even took it off the old one.. I cant remember where the other end went originally. One end goes to the intake, where does the other end go?

i think that tube is if the bigger hole of the intake gets plugged, it still has some air coming in, but im not positive.

so its like an emergency life line if needed so it cant shut down 100%. I shouldnt need it with the aftermarket kit?

Why not just re-route the CCV to the back of the truck and prevent that oil and hot air/gases from going back into the intake?

thats what im saying, i dont know where its going. its not hooked up. All I have going to the intake is the mass air sensor & filter minder

also- the filter minder is pointless once you're running an AFE isn't it? I got rid of mine, just another piece of plastic obstructing air and taking up space. On my AFE tube, a piece of gaffer's tape (black duct tape) matched perfectly to the color along the outside of the plastic. Never thought about it twice once I did it. You can leave it plugged in and tuck it out of the way so it doesn't throw a code, but my truck never threw a code without it anyway.
So hook the mass air back up and do the CCV mod!

smoken...if that tube has been out of your truck for a year....look for a greasy, oily hole at your driver side valve cover.....that would be where it goes. LOL

it should "plug" right back into where it came out of on the stock tubing. AFE should've had a hole there already, if you aren't running it, you mean you left it hanging of the valve cover?

no problems... i think i finally got what you meant. but that woulda been one wild oil problem you brought upon yourself.
I'm guessing you had it in this whole time and didn't even notice it haha

I found where it goes up by the turbo on the bottom, but I was taling about the black tube that came off of the old filter housing. Thats what redracer was talking about. Sorry for the confusion

Back