Aftermarket turbo/AFC

zirzow

Well i am going to be installing a BD super b special on my 97 12 over the break. I just had a question about the boost reference line the runs to the back of the AFC. Do you have to tee into the waste gate line on the turbo so it still gets the reference or just plug/leave that line disconnected?

you have to hook that line up or your AFC will not function. you can either get the pressure off a port on the intake plenum or tee into the line that goes from the compressor outlet to the waste gate. it would be easier to go off the intake horn or plenum to eliminate that long line crossing over the motor.

Well i am going to be installing a BD super b special on my 97 12 over the break. I just had a question about the boost reference line the runs to the back of the AFC. Do you have to tee into the waste gate line on the turbo so it still gets the reference or just plug/leave that line disconnected?
The boost reference line for the AFC is the nylon line coming from the head, leave it connected.

The silicone hose that goes from the AFC to the metal line is for the HX35 wastegate, you can completely remove that line since it's not needed with the Super B Special. You can put an 1/8" pipe plug in place of the barbed hose fitting, or pull the T-fitting off of the AFC, remove the compression fitting for the nylon reference line off of the T-fitting, install it directly into the AFC.

Every late 5 speed 12V I've seen is plumbed like that, never knew why....odd!

Jim

Awsome, Thanks for all the help. That explains it. Now i can get it installed with my new set of SDX 5x14s.