Air Accesories

99_SilvrCummins

What I would like is for people to post if they bought an onboard air setup.
What to list:
1. Make/Model
2. Size tank
3. Horns?
4. Air bag Assist?
5. Worth of kit/system(how much did it cost and was it worth it)
6. Ease of Installation

Thanks to all who can help me with who to go with and where to get it from right now I am looking at using the air system for horns and then in the future air bags but have to figure out if they would work with my lift kit.

I have a kilby www.onboardair.com setup. I've had this on 4 different trucks so that tells you how much I like it. I've run various air tank arrangements, I just built a bumper out of 4X8 tubing and use that as the air tank now. The truck has a homemade rear airbag system on it now with a single air bag mounted in the middle on a frame and the top mounts to the fifth wheel plate.
I seen alot of people go with electric compressors but I just like the belt driven setup. It has burnt up a couple of compressors over the years but they were used and I had air leaks that caused the main problems.

lets see.

1. Viair 480C and dual 450C compressors
2. 12 gallon aluminum tank in bed.
3. siege engineering Kong MKII train horns and 2 grover air horns, 6 bells total. MKII's where spare tire used to be pointing down and back. grovers on the passenger frame facing slightly down and forward. using 1/2 air lines and 1/2" solenoids.
4. air bags, hooked up to separate lines and using schrader valves to fill them
5. not sure exactly the total price. lets see, $323 for dual 450C kit, $200 for 480C kit, free tank, $180 for MKII horns, free grovers, and unknown amount on different fittings to hook it up as well as the line. probably $8-900 total with everything that ive bought for it.
6. its not that hard to install. more time consuming that anything.

Garrett

Thanks to you guys that responded must be people dont see this over here oh well I will be setting up a kit soon for air horns

Here's a list of the setup my old ford had.
Airzenith 1.5hp Air compressor
2 (6) gallon air tanks
Firestone Riderite airbags in the rear w/ control mounted in cab
2 sets of g&g air horns
25ft airhose reel from Northern Tools mounted behind the rear wheels.
Here are some pics.
100_0297.jpg

100_0301.jpg

100_0299.jpg

100_0295.jpg

100_0307.jpg

100_0298.jpg

Back