Air bags question

polk5295

Hey fellas, I just bought an 06 Dodge Megacab 4x4 SRW which came equipped with a set of rear airbags. I am not sure on the airbags make or model. My question is how low can the pressure be set when unloaded, for a better ride, and what pressure do you guys normally run when loaded?

Thanks for the help.

Hey fellas, I just bought an 06 Dodge Megacab 4x4 SRW which came equipped with a set of rear airbags. I am not sure on the airbags make or model. My question is how low can the pressure be set when unloaded, for a better ride, and what pressure do you guys normally run when loaded?

Thanks for the help.

I leave 10lbs in mine when unloaded. I have had up to 60lbs when towing. These are firestone bags.

I think most require 5-10lbs minimum (for bag safety or something like that). I usually go up to 50-60lbs when towing.

I couldn't believe the ride difference in mine when I put about 10 PSI in them! The truck rode tons better, even with no load.

I can get like 3' of lift with no load. But I bet it would ride horrible.

My old truck had a line go bad and i didnt realize it till it was too late...running one bag empty for a month or so wore a hole in it. 5psi in the other one kept it healthy

I have the ride rite brand. I leave 7 psi in for daily use and 30 psi with gooseneck hooked up and when i was pulling i put 100 psi. Had them on truck for around 3 years haven't had any problems.

dont want to start a new thread but does the pressure gauge bounce when you guys hit a bump. my truck is lowered and the ride sucks. i figured with the air bags it will ride half way decent but no. i run with about 10 psi sometimes 50psi and either one the truck still bounces. the pressure gauge will flucuate when i hit a bump