Air Dog Problems

NWDiesel

Diesel Enthusiast
I know that there are a lot of posts on here about Air Dog problems but I can't seem to find the answer that I am looking for. My Air Dog went bad a couple days ago so I called Air Dog and they said that they could sell me a new motor that has a lifetime warranty. My question is, has anyone put these motors on and are they worth the time or should I just get something different? I don't want to have another problem like this one in the future. Any input would be greatly appreciated.:thankyou2:

I had a motor go bad about a year ago, and it was no fault of Airdog's. My starter shorted out and fried the Airdog, but since then I haven't had an issue and they sent me out a new motor next day free of charge, even did a Saturday delivery for me.

I've taken my Airdog apart and fixed it myself very simple to change a motor probably a 15min task.

Ok, so the new motors with the lifetime warranty shouldn't be a problem?

No way, there very simple you should have no problem changing it your self, just make sure its sealed well so no water gets in to the motor.

buy a fass and avoid the air dog.... there warranty is chit anyways.

Airdog has the best warranty out there as long as you take the few minutes it takes to fill out and send in the warranty card

no doubt...warranty card sittin here and reciept...6 month old pump and still screwed.

no doubt...warranty card sittin here [/COLOR]and reciept...6 month old pump and still screwed.

If card is with you it does airdog no good. They dont have you on file for warranty. That is why they now have a time frame of sending in the warranty card. You mail it to them or you have no warrany

There always two side to a story though.

Last edited:
I didn't see what size air dog you have but I have replaced a few bad ones that were 100 and 150s. I put the 200 motor on both for a few dollars more. Just throwing it out there that you can put the bigger motor on it if you want to.

Iam done. lesson learned on who goes above and beyond in customer service....air dog surely doesnt.

Bought an ADII at the Texas Diesel Nationals, had it shipped to my door since they were out of what I needed. Had it installed locally and within 2 weeks it started acting weird and leaking. I did not get a receipt and have not had a chance to mail the card in yet but they still sent out a replacement unit. I think they have great service but everyone is different. Just my 2 cents, sorry you had bad luck.

Back