Air dog set up????

Mocummins

Just put an air dog 2 165 on my 24v that's ppump'd I have the pressure gauge teed in before the pump, I did not adjust the air dog and at key on or and engine running I have 42psi and never drops below 41psi at WOT. I do have a 050 OFV in the pump. I thought it was strange or I may have hooked my gauge up in the wrong place. Is it normal for that pump to have that much pressure out of the box?

My airdog 2 200 was the same way but I have to 060 ofv and had to adjust the pressure down pegged my 60psi gauge on start up it now sits at 48 psi. They say 10 psi per 1000 rpms.

Found my OFV is 060 also, since iv been running the pump it stays around 42-50 psi. thanks for the advise and help monster633

did you buy an adII set up for a p-pump? just curious as mine was originally for a vp truck and it cannot keep up. 38ish psi idle and 25psi WOT. i have an 050hp ofv, 6x.013s, an s468, and 5ks.

I installed the 060 tork-tek and air dog 2 200 and it was 61psi at idle. Since then two airdog motors quit on me at around 45psi. I'm on my 3rd and I have the regulator on the airdog all the way out which has me at 34psi hoping the pump motor will last longer.

I installed the 060 tork-tek and air dog 2 200 and it was 61psi at idle. Since then two airdog motors quit on me at around 45psi. I'm on my 3rd and I have the regulator on the airdog all the way out which has me at 34psi hoping the pump motor will last longer.

I was having this problem as well and am on my 3rd airdog motor. Id like to run higher psi but do not want to shorten my pump life.

did you buy an adII set up for a p-pump? just curious as mine was originally for a vp truck and it cannot keep up. 38ish psi idle and 25psi WOT. i have an 050hp ofv, 6x.013s, an s468, and 5ks.

Ya, only been running it for about a week holds bout 45 psi at idle and drops to a little at WOT.