Air Lift WirelessAIR install

Fisherguy

I put a Pac Brake PRXB which comes with a small tank and compressor on my truck a couple years ago and when I got my Pac Brake air bags I wanted to find a way to use the tank and compressor on my truck to inflate my airbags when loaded.

I didn’t really want the big ugly analog gauge and switches hanging down under my dash and for sure didn’t want to run 2 air lines and more wiring into the cab. I went to the Air Lift website and at the time they had an airbag controller where you ran a cat-5 cable from the solenoid to inside the cab (which has since been discontinued) so I emailed them asking about using it with my existing compressor. They replied saying the were coming out with a new wireless system that would suit my needs a little better.

The Air Lift Wireless Air system comes with its own compressor, if you call them though (1800 248-0892) they’ll give you the part number of a solenoid that you can get with your kit instead of the compressor, take that part number to your Air Lift -dealer and they’ll set you up.

When it got here I found the Air Lift WirelssAir comes with good instructions, 13 pages well laid out with templates for mounting the manifold and compressor, good wiring and air line schematics.

Here’s how the install went….

Unfortunately the solenoid does not come with any kind of mounting bracket so I found something I could use to mount it to the fire wall lip, you simply substitute the solenoid for the compressor as far as wiring it in:

IMGP0068.jpg

I T’d off the existing air line that goes between the compressor and the Pac Brake solenoid, I added the green T fitting as you can see here:

IMGP0630.jpg

From there I ran a single air line to the manifold which I mounted to the back of the support for the box as shown here along with the relay. I chose to mount the manifold back there for 2 reasons, I’m running out of room under the hood and this way I only need to run 1 air line to the rear of the truck instead of 2:

IMGP0080.jpg

Then all that was left was to T into the airline going to each air bag:

IMGP0081.jpg

IMGP0082.jpg

Here’s a picture of the wireless controller, it comes with a clip for hanging it on the sun visor but I removed it and keep in the cubby hole of my dash beside my Bully Dog but it really you could put it in the console, map pocket or whatever, the best thing is NO WIRES OR AIRLINES need to be run into the cab,:

IMGP0096.jpg

I’ve had it in a few months now and I think it’s a pretty sweet set up. It has 2 presets you can set, (ie. 1 for running empty, the other for when you’re loaded) as well you can adjust the pressure anytime whenever you want. You can hook up your trailer, load up your camper or whatever, then stand outside with the wireless controller and adjust until it’s level, no guessing involved.

It’s got a couple other features that’s pretty cool too, when I first did the install one of my T fittings at the air bags was not in all the way and had a slow leak, the display showed a LEAK on it and pointed to the side that had the problem, I checked the T and found one of the lines was not fully seated and just needed to be pushed in a little farther.

It will also let air out of the bags if the pressure increases due to expansion from heat or load or whatever. I was going to get some gravel I new was going to be heavy and pumped up the bags to the 100 pound max. I had the gravel loaded and when I turned the key on I heard the sound of air leaking, I checked the controller and saw it was letting air out of the bags, the 3000 pounds of gravel was compressing the bags so the pressure went up and the controller released air until it was back to the 100 pounds the controller was set to.

If you have air bags and are looking into controllers, you should definitely consider the WirelessAir system, if you already have the compressor call Air Lift for the solenoid option, I think wireless is the way to go.

Me likey!!
Whats the damage for one?

Ill be setting my bags up soon with my PRXB.
Do you think the air tank is big enough for the brake and bags?

The Air Lift Wireless Air system comes with its own compressor, if you call them though (1800 248-0892) they’ll give you the part number of a solenoid that you can get with your kit instead of the compressor, take that part number to your Air Lift -dealer and they’ll set you up.

Part number is a 24636.

Me likey!!
Whats the damage for one?

Ill be setting my bags up soon with my PRXB.
Do you think the air tank is big enough for the brake and bags?

(Sorry for the dealy, been fishing)

Yes, for sure, have had no problems so far, the air bags volume is so small it's not an issue.

Where did you get the parts for your kit minus the compressor. I've got all the part numbers, but places want a LOT more without the compressor than with.

I was part of the original pilot build program.
The compressor that comes in the kit is a pretty inexpensive one, I wouldn't think it would cost more with the solenoid instead of it though.

Did they tell you anything about regulating pressure before the unit? The guy I went through was told by Air Lift that I had to regulate it below 100 psi before the controller.