AirDog, AirDog with Raptor, and FASS users, question on setup

Check valves are installed to prevent reverse flow.
They were prolly installed in the banjo bolts to help keep the fuel system "Full" at all times. Imagine if everytime you shut the truck off, the fuel system bled down, and it had to re-prime itself at every start-up.:badidea:

That is why I installed a checkvalve in the return line from the engine. To prevent the fuel returning to the tank from syphoning any more after shut down. (Just use a check valve with a 1-2 psi cracking pressure.)

Check valves are installed to prevent reverse flow.
They were prolly installed in the banjo bolts to help keep the fuel system "Full" at all times. Imagine if everytime you shut the truck off, the fuel system bled down, and it had to re-prime itself at every start-up.:badidea:

That is why I installed a checkvalve in the return line from the engine. To prevent the fuel returning to the tank from syphoning any more after shut down. (Just use a check valve with a 1-2 psi cracking pressure.)

gotta link to a recommended CV ivan? i didnt use one in mine...figured the airdog has one built it...but i guess it wouldnt hurt to cut the line and throw an inline check in there so it cant backflow when its off....Thanks!

How does a sealed system have drain back? Unless an injector is stuck open, or there is a leak somewhere, it should stay put. Stick a straw in water then put your finger over the end and lift it out of the water. It stays.

How does a sealed system have drain back? Unless an injector is stuck open, or there is a leak somewhere, it should stay put. Stick a straw in water then put your finger over the end and lift it out of the water. It stays.

While it is sealed, there are air molecules present. They start to rise to the top, basically pushing the fuel downwards. To be, this isn't much of a problem if you turn your key on for a few seconds before you start. The electronic fuel pump kicks on an pressurizes the system.

The check valves weren't there to keep fuel in the heads. If they were. They wouldn't have updated the fill line to the fuel bowl to fix the drain back to the tank.

As far as the straw method. While holding the straw up. Touch the bottom of it with your finger and see if it doesn't run down your hand.

There better not be any air, I have the AIrdog. LOL JUst kidding. Makes better sense, but I always wait any way. Actually going to delete the bowl today, as mine has developed a leak in the front cover.

You know Trusted Performance makes an entire delete kit so you can get ride of the oil housing while you are at it. Might be a good option for you.

You know Trusted Performance makes an entire delete kit so you can get ride of the oil housing while you are at it. Might be a good option for you.

I have one of those in my future. Today I deleted the fuel bowl all together. Went with a -8 to -4 lines with a port for my fuel pressure gauge. When I get ready for the trusted performance I'll upgrade to their stage 2 lines and kit. My fuel bowl regulator cover started to leak from a crack, so off it came.

I think I have seen that trusted performance kit somewhere. Pretty sweet setup.

It was in 8-lug a while back I think. I'll look for the install article. I have a few things from those guys going on deranged. Nice stuff.

Actually Tim, its sittin in the back seat of my truck. But I did see that article as well.

Back