AirDog/FASS install questions

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
For those of you with an AirDog/FASS, where did you tap into power for the pump? Also, do you have any pics of the pump installed and the lines and wires ran? Thanks!

I ran the power straight from the battery to a relay that is controlled by the factory fuel pump wiring

yeah it goes to the battery and then to a relay and your wires i believe can go along your frame just like the fuel replacement hose sorry that i dont have pictures at the moment to show you

Yea, i was thinkin you could prolly use the stock wiring and it would be ok but i wasnt sure. are the fuel lines pretty easy to run and make em look good?

Fuel lines are really easy to run. Everything is open for you to tie to.

Awesome! With this new airdog, you dont have to replace the pickup tube. Does that mean i wont have to drop the tank?

But keep in mind. If you hit that point where your not getting enough fuel. You could need to install it down the road.

Here Colin, I have the airdog, and the raptor together:

airdog4.jpg

airdog5.jpg

airdog1.jpg

airdog2.jpg

airdog3.jpg

Thanks Tim! Is that the only place you can mount it? Can you still put it on the outside of the frame rail?

I'd like to know how anyone can run these "Aftermarket" fuel systems on a NHRA track???
I had to replace every line with SS braided line.
Somewhere the rules state that you can not have any more than 6" of non-"Hard" line in your fuel system...

Maybe I'm just lucky all the time....:bang:hehe:

Ivan, at 80 dollars a foot the Aeroquip lines running through Jim Blair's mustang are not hard lines. It was on display at PRI. Everytime they redo something on that car they keep every piece of that hose. It's worth way too much money.

Dont worry Colin, I'll be back in San Marcos in a few and you'll have the wrench hand helpin you out LMAO! Nah I dont have a ****tin clue but Ill darn sure help you out. Tims looks pretty clean though.

Mine will prolly look a little different when its done. Im gonna TRY and mount it on the outside of the frame. I like the easy access, and I just like how it looks on the outside.

Back