AirdogII issues

dipapadakis

Saturday i put my a/d II 200 from my 12valve on my vp truck and pressure maxed my 40psi gauge instantly, i backed out the adjuster all the way and it went down to 32psi, then i removed one of the 2 springs completely and it dropped to 22psi. First off i thought for 94-98 they were preset at 25-30 psi, i bought it new and never messed with the adjuster because i didnt have a fp gauge hooked up. Secondly is there a different spring for the 2 year trucks in the a/d II's return? i know the a/d II 200 is too much for this truck but i have it so i might as well use it i figured. Until i get the new spring will 22psi hurt the vp? i hear it can damage the metering diaphragm in the pump? does anyone know where i can get one of these springs? Is it the same as the ad150 15 psi spring? any vendors on here sell them?

Last edited:
What a surprise an AD would be phucked up from the warehouse... Sorry Anthony. Get this sh!t fixed so these threads quit popping up.

i heard fp that high can damage the metering diaphragm in the vp44? and you dont want anything above 18psi? is that true?

No metering diaphragm is bs. I'd be more worried about seals.

Only diaphragm is on the head for spill deflection and fuel for injection. It is controlled by the vane pump, not LP press.

okay so would 22psi to it damage it at all besides seals leaking? if it has a vane pump isnt housing pressure in the pump above 20psi anyways?

What a surprise an AD would be phucked up from the warehouse... Sorry Anthony. Get this sh!t fixed so these threads quit popping up.

So he buys a ADII for a 12V and puts it on a VP truck, and because it has 40 psi it is a mishap on our part? The two pumps have a different springs in the regulator assembly.

okay so would 22psi to it damage it at all besides seals leaking? if it has a vane pump isnt housing pressure in the pump above 20psi anyways?

It better not. Internal kpa is around 2000kpa.

So he buys a ADII for a 12V and puts it on a VP truck, and because it has 40 psi it is a mishap on our part? The two pumps have a different springs in the regulator assembly.

I'm sure it is not advised to put a high psi pump on a lower psi system. I would do what the manufacturer suggests.

Last edited:
Back