AL forum newbie

B00stJunky

Been snooping around on here a little bit and finally decided to join up and add to my list of forums hehe...

Truck is a 2002 4wd cc/sb Dirty that's in the process of being murdered out. 4.5" lift, 34 tires, moto metal 961's, trans4mer, subs, door speakers, dvd's, bla bla bla. Just check out the sig. She's ab to go in the shop for a little bit of a facelift. 3" cowl hood, dings and scratches taken out, and shiny black spray. ALL chrome removed. Rockers going back the same only a few shades darker on the black. It looks grey right now when it gets wet and I want it standing out a little less. I work at Caterpillar and have dibs on spot lights, train 7horns, back up cameras, stax, etc. Got (7) 7" Cat spot lights that I need to weld brackets for and 2 for reverse lights. Need 1 more for the set up to look right. Im going to wait on installing those til the body work is done. Also have 15"/17" 175psi (iirc) train horns off a 777D that will be thrown on shortly. Waiting on the compressor to get here with a few more trumpets. Anyways, a few pics (newest--->older)...

053.jpg

056.jpg

191.jpg

IMG_0859-1.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

And my favorite. Sticker says "Soot Life" with some coal rolling over the top:rockwoot:
187.jpg

Any performance mods at all? I woulda powder coated your chrome wheels instead of swappin for the Motos.

Last edited:
Any performance mods at all? I woulda powder coated your chrome wheels instead of swappin for the Motos.

Sorry, I thought my sig uploaded but I guess not. Performance stuff is light until I get the Suncoast inside the weak link. Basically just a 5" straight pipe, CAI, ported and polished intake horn, ppe boost valve, ppe tuner (EFI is about to take its place along with a TCM tune), ported cp3 fitting, sleeves and something else but it's been a LOOOONG day and I can't think of wtf it is lol.

I gave the powder coating some serious thought. For weeks and weeks. But I just started at Cat a little over 2 months ago, in the process of buying a house, have a wife, 2 yr old, and another due any day now. The MM961's were a little over $700 including the ride and locking lug nuts. I sold the WRW's for $800 within 2 days. So I actually made about $60 after mounting and balancing as opposed to spending the $250-$400 all the places around here wanted to charge. Truck was never down for more than 2 hours, and best part is, the wife was actually pulling for me to do the swap which was a first when it comes to modding the truck. Usually its just a lot of :blahblah1: