all of a sudden it quit. abs experts help

dieselbeef

dick doggin
going down the backround in the middle of bfe...just getting up to spped pulling the stock trlr..not heavy but there...

so the brake and abs light comes on and the truck shuts off bout 50 mph. no dash..no elec on the key. lights work.radio..air still on..no power to the engine and the brake stuff.

turn off the side of the road and start looking for a blown fuse. the engine fuse on the main box out in the engine compartment is blown. 50 amp. so i swap one for the trlr ..a 40 and it fires right up. still got the abs/brake light tho...som i go poking round under the dash and when i shove the emergency brake down..i hear it arcing...
it pinched one of the wires that goes to the drag comp box. and my turbo timer...so thats why it shut the truck off

but wtf is up with the abs deal. the light for the brake light is oin steady and so is abs. cleaned and had the batts unhooked for about 10 mins. the guys that did my flatbed fergot to tighten the terminals. figured that was the problem with the fuse but i think the pinched wire did it.

wheel sensor? the speedo still works tho..so its not the rear one.

all the fuses are good. my son says he smelt burnt stuff near the abs..and he had no idea it was the abs mtr cuz he is 7. but i didnt smell it
i gotta haul feed..was sposed to today..gonna do it if the light is on or not tomrrow but i dont think its a good idea...but i gotta have it...now
thanks
gary

Those lights have been on in my truck for over eight years LOL

An 02 has a different wiring setup than an early 01, not hugely different, but enough I can't help you much, sorry.

well the hub on the drivers side is squealing and making alotta noise so it jacked it up and its loose..changing it tonite..likely its the problem..

My truck doesn't have the front wheel speed pickups, but I do believe you are on the right track.

frt hub brg wasted. mustve ruined the sensor but i ived the dump trlr around the yard and the lights went off!..lucky fer me the hub came out with a dead blow hammer..piece of cake

Attachments

• P82A0460.jpg
    P82A0460.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 0
  • P82A0461.jpg
    P82A0461.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
  • P82A0462.jpg
    P82A0462.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0