All the Parts Are Almost Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extended Power

I can at least start to pull the engine out of the truck on Sunday or Monday.

Elite had the pistons delivered on Friday, and the wife and I ran down and picked them up, along with the other parts that were already waiting for me.

Hopefully by Monday afternoon, or Tuesday, I can take the block down to the machine shop to have it bored out, and honed to the pistons. Then the shop will send the rotating assembly out to be re-balanced, and sent back.

By then, the rest of the internal, and external "Additions" should be here, and by the end of May, I should have a Trusted Performance twin turbo'd 6.0L:woohoo:

Sounds good Ivan.

I havent been keeping on here very close but what happened with the last motor?

Nothing...just wanting more power.
Going to try out Trusted Performance's "Performance Twin" set, and see what happens.
Changing a whole bunch of stuff this time around.

thats awesome Ivan, glad to see your build coming together for ya, hopefully we see at some events.

Hope I can get ahold of Eric and see when a good time to make the trip down would be.
I think the only true way to tune it is on the dyno. Plus he can street drive it later, and make adjustments as needed right there for the perfect set up.

Few pictures of some of the new stuff going into the engine this time...

Entire top section of an '04 engine, for it's HPO system. Along with the front cover and new water pump. (Bigger water pump.)
Elite's lowered compression MAHLE pistons with valve reliefs and coatings, Elite's "Competition" gapless piston ring set, H-11 studs, and billet LPOP gear set.
Bob Riley's "Adrenaline" HPOP.
And some "Top Secret" valve springs...

Attachments

• IMG_0095 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0095 (Small).JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0100 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0100 (Small).JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0101 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0101 (Small).JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0103 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0103 (Small).JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0104 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0104 (Small).JPG
    38 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0105 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0105 (Small).JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0106 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0106 (Small).JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 23
I can at least start to pull the engine out of the truck on Sunday or Monday.

Elite had the pistons delivered on Friday, and the wife and I ran down and picked them up, along with the other parts that were already waiting for me.

Hopefully by Monday afternoon, or Tuesday, I can take the block down to the machine shop to have it bored out, and honed to the pistons. Then the shop will send the rotating assembly out to be re-balanced, and sent back.

By then, the rest of the internal, and external "Additions" should be here, and by the end of May, I should have a Trusted Performance twin turbo'd 6.0L:woohoo:

update?

Try not to read anything into it Doug...

When it started to interfere with my wife and kids, it became a problem.

Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back