Almost done!! a few quick questions/ chevy conv

BigDctd

Fuel her till she Blow!!
my p-pump lines will be here next week and that should be about all i have left. first question is the power steering? there are three ports on the pump on the cummins and only two on the gear box, how you guys hooking em up? im guessing one supply and two returns? and the other is where it is a 24v valve i have the vacume pump and plan on using the stock break booster. do i just run a hose to the booster from the pump? or what do i need to do?
any help would be awesome i have searched but apparently im not at it!

you should have 2 threaded ports and one tube sticking off the pump correct?

also are you using hydroboost or the gas vaccum system?

i know that on mine with the hydro boost i believe one goes to the gear box and one goes to the brake master cyl, the other is just a return i believe from the gear box. i will have to look again sometime to confirm.

its a 24v so i was under the impression that it was a vacuum /power steering pump?? and the power steering pump has one threaded hole and two tubes sticking out. then the vacuum pump has one barbed brass fitting on it!

well the vaccum pump is what drives the power steering pump. if you dont need the vaccum pump i would give Crewcab 5.9 on here a shout and get the one he has that is just a power steering pump that bolts in the place of that vac/ps combo.

still are you trying to run hydro boost system or the vaccum system for your brakes?

the barbed fitting on the vac pump is for the line to the brake booster if your gonna run that type of brake system. as for the p/s pump one for sure goes to the steering box and one will come back cause the oil has to go somewhere.

if i get a chance to look at a buddies 24v truck today i will try and see what your talking about on the pump and see where they have the lines run to. if someone dont beat me to it.

The pressure fitting originally went to the hydro boost. The hydro boost then had a low pressure return line that went back to the pump and a high pressure that went to the steering box. The steering box used the other low pressure fitting to the pump. This is the way to hook it up if you have hydro boost.
If your truck was gas you probably have a regular booster if this is the case hook the booster up to the vac pump and run the pressure side to the steering and return to the pump and cap the extra return. Rich

ok i see yes the truck was a gasser so i have the vacuum setup on the brakes! so just to make this clear, run a hose from the vac pump to the booster, then run pressure line from power steering pump to the gear box, then return back to the power steering pump. and cap the other return?? sounds to easy!! thanks guys appreciate it

You got it. If it bothers you to have the extra line capped off you can probably use the chevy housing on the dodge pump. Dakota digital makes an interface for the speedo and one for the tach. Rich