alright i gotta ask here bout my gasser pos

dieselbeef

dick doggin
so i got 2004 dodge hemi 1500 4x4 quad..decent truck. I like it ok.

the truck has this friggin shake that I cannot get rid of.

balanced and rotated the tires...nope
balanced the driveshaft...nope
replaced the axle brgs...nope
replaced the rotors....nope
lowered the front to spec...nope
tore down the entire rear end..nothing to note in there..clean..smooth...nope
axles seem to be good. dial indicator on them when theyre installed is less than 010 runout...virtually none...nope

the truck has a shake..not even a vibration..between 65-80ish...it shakes so bad ya cant really stay in it..cant remember when it started or if I even noticed..just so bad now ya cant not notice.it will shake up a bottle of soda in the cupholder..rattle yer teeth together.

take yer foot off it no change..neutral going down the road..no change..turn the truck off going down the road at 70..no change....seems slightly worse when accelerating.

ive had a very good mechanic work on it besides myself...we went thru the rear together...

almost positive its from the rear but there isnt anything left? im stumped...

this thing shakes so bad the bulbs in the taillights are blowing out once a week.

Ovalled rim, or slipped belt(s).
Both will "balance", but not go away, but should be visible to the eye on a balancer.

You might also look at the driveshaft carrier bearing and support isolator (rubber).

A warped rotor with a slightly dragging (stuck) caliper also will not go away.

Mark.

Last edited:
so i got 2004 dodge hemi 1500 4x4 quad..decent truck. I like it ok.

the truck has this friggin shake that I cannot get rid of.

balanced and rotated the tires...nope
balanced the driveshaft...nope
replaced the axle brgs...nope
replaced the rotors....nope
lowered the front to spec...nope
tore down the entire rear end..nothing to note in there..clean..smooth...nope
axles seem to be good. dial indicator on them when theyre installed is less than 010 runout...virtually none...nope

the truck has a shake..not even a vibration..between 65-80ish...it shakes so bad ya cant really stay in it..cant remember when it started or if I even noticed..just so bad now ya cant not notice.it will shake up a bottle of soda in the cupholder..rattle yer teeth together.

take yer foot off it no change..neutral going down the road..no change..turn the truck off going down the road at 70..no change....seems slightly worse when accelerating.

ive had a very good mechanic work on it besides myself...we went thru the rear together...

almost positive its from the rear but there isnt anything left? im stumped...

this thing shakes so bad the bulbs in the taillights are blowing out once a week.
You know you like it! The Shake (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Tires. Move them around on the truck to see if you can change the shake frequency or time of occurrence.

You probably don’t have a carrier bearing being a 1500. Assuming short bed.

Is a rim bent? Have you checked those yet?

cannot see the bad tire or a bent rim..gonna try to borrow a set next and drive it with someones whos are known good tires rims...

no carrier brg..had the driveshaft checked and balanced perfect...

new rotors...

took the tires from the rear put them on the front...didn't seem to make any diff..the sterring did not shake the wheel so it seemed to stayt in the rear

I do not know what raod forced tires are...

I'd bet on tires as well. If you have a dial indicator (I'm sure you do), jack the truck up and spin the wheel. See if the inside and outside lips change radially. I had one that balanced just fine and it turns out the wheels was slightly bent. It messed up a tire in the process...

Pic hell, that needs to be on video!
oh yeah..it makes her boobs shake so bad I can see em from the drivers seat...:lolly:...no im not posting a pic for ya

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back