Aluminum or chrome drop hitch

Robts

Proud Fummins Owner
Ive seen on alot of show trucks an aluminum or chrome drop hitch. Im not talking a 10 in one im talking about a 16" or bigger. Who makes them?

I would not trust a 10+ inch drop made of Aluminum, not even a 6" drop.

I run an Alumistinger 10 inch drop. I need a 14" to 16" drop but haven't dropped the coin for one at this point. The Alumistingers are only made to 10" and are rated for more than a typical 4" or 6" drop and it has been a killer piece. I have two actually, one with a 2" and one with a 2 5/16". The 2 5/16' tows my toyhauler. They are very stout units and cost around $90. Here are some guys make custom drops but for a lot more coin, in the 3 bill range...

http://www.avengerstingerz.com/index.html

I'd be weary of using a chrome one due to the stress on such a long piece. Seems like the torsion on a drop that far would crack the chrome and turn it all lose. And on the other hand, I'd also be weary of the aluminum one too. I guess there's 6 in one and half dozen in the other.

Here is mine on my truck it a 15 drop made py avengers in oregon
2252235140082199690S600x600Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If you are interested, I know someone who is a supplier on convert-a-ball stuff. I can get you a price on there brand of the aluminum drop hitch with a convert-a-ball set up.

Ray

I was going to get the rapid-hitch, until I saw a half ton pick up in a parking lot. The hitch was bent forward almost an inch, I guess they can hande the weight pulling, but not stopping.

Either way, it didn`t go on my truck.

wayne

yikes... no aluminum hitch for me!

I was going to get the rapid-hitch, until I saw a half ton pick up in a parking lot. The hitch was bent forward almost an inch, I guess they can hande the weight pulling, but not stopping.

Either way, it didn`t go on my truck.

wayne