Amsoil

Rob D

Get R' Done
Guys -

I have noticed theres been a decent amount of talk over what the best oil is. My buddy came across this stuff in a magazine, its a kit that comes with the 15 qts, fuel and oil filter for around $130.00 - supposedly a lot of baja style racing trucks use AMSOIL products and its American made.

Heres a link to their website:
http://www.smartsynthetics.com/articles/ford_powerstroke_diesel_info.htm

I don't buy into the 1-yr / 25,000 mile idea, but it seems like this is some pretty good stuff...

anybody running it?

I use Amsoil. I have never gone 25,000 before changing my oil. I have had the analysis done a few times. I had it done at 10,000 miles and still had 55% life of oil left. I had it done at 15,000 miles came back that the oil had 30% life left.

I'm running it in everything, trucks, cars, generator, farm equipment, harley, I went 22000 in my 1988 honda last year, got 19000 on it now, will change it in march at the 1yr mark. ran it for 1yr in my truck last yr, got about 15000 on it now and will pull a sample this break at christmas"1yr mark" and see how much longer I can run it. I installed the bypass this yr to make sure I can run for the life of the oil. I haven't had any problems with it. I beleave the warrenty states 1yr or 25000, 15000 for extreme use , heavy towing, heavy stop and go traffic. A $30ish sample is cheaper than a $120 oil change so I will run it as long as I can. :bang Some like it some don't.
Smkblwr

The drawback I see to Amzoil is that it's NOT API rated. Let's say the following happens: You change to A-oil with the A-oil filter, drive 17K using OA with results that say it's all good. If the motor or parts of the motor fail for some reason and Ford wants your service records you have used an oil that is NOT recommend by Ford. They could deny your warranty forcing you to pay the charges.
A-oil will not cover the motor UNLESS the failure is DIRECTLY related to their oil.

I have tried it before in my truck and I didn't like the results. To each his own, but in the long run I'd just keep changing the oil.

Everything is the greatest oil on the planet until it meets a 6.0L. Few survive. The Valvoline 5w-40 and The Mobile1 5w-40 have. Chad runs the Royal Purple and likes it. I have seen the Redline hate life around 5k miles (which the customer concern went away after an oil change). Try it and see what happens. Worst case scnenario, you buy a couple injectors.

Back