AN fitting for filter housing??

blacksport03

PMR Time Bomb
I already posted a question regarding the bolt size for the filter housing but I was wondering what size AN fitting would fit in there. Any help would be much appreciated.

the fittings for the filter housing are metric so that size is the only size that will fit. what are you trying to do?

I was originally going to get another barb for the bolt so I could use 3/8 hose but threw the idea around of using AN fittings. I am going to run a Holley Blue without the factory pump.

What bolt? If you want to use AN fittings you need three metric to AN adapters. One for the vp and two for the filter housing.

I would just be changing the fitting in the back of the filter housing. Then I will just use the barb fittings that come with the pump.

Do y'all think I should use a new barb on the banjo bolt or use the AN fitting? The reason I ask is that I feel there could be some restriction in the banjo bolt.

I would get rid of all the banjo bolts and replace the line between the filter and injection pump with a bigger one.

So apparenrtly there is some restriction associated with these banjo bolts and if so do you think a bigger line going to the pump would also help.

The banjo bolts are restrictive and you wont get the full benefits of the holley without eliminating them.

How is recommended to best replace the banjo bolts? I am trying to do as reliable as well as simple, since it is a daily driver/workhorse. Should I just use the AN fittings and regular 3/8 fuel line or what would be recommended?

Check out vulcan performance, they have all the fittings you need including the hi flow banjo replacement fittings.

Im running 1/2 inch line on mine but 3/8 would work. you need 2 metric too AN adapters, 12 inches of pushlock hose and 2 barb too AN fittings, or you could call glacier diesel or vulcan performance and just buy the filter to injection hose to keep it simple.

After a long and fruitless search for the metric fittings locally, I just threw my hands in the air, dug out the correct pipe tap and drill, and "fixed" the housing to accept standard NPT fittings.