Annoying Horn Honking, anyone know how to disarm it?

DieselWrencher

6cyl Vette
I recently got my 05 3500 Cummins auto. I like everything about it except for the fact that you can not have the door open with the truck in gear drive or reverse. This sucks azz if you are hooking to a trailer or anything else. This will drive you nuts and everyone looks at you stupid. Do you dodge guys have a way to disarm this pita function while maintaining regular horn functionality? Thanks Ryan.

I didn't notice anything in the Owner's Manual. Perhaps a call to your Dealer can reveal if this option can be manipulated with a StarScan tool.

Dealer recall. I took mine in for this recall. Basically they were have problems that you would put the truck in park, and the lever wouldn't go in to park all of the way and the truck would be between park and reverse, and the truck could roll backwards. So they installed the horn alarm so you would know if the truck is rolling away. Not sure how to fix it, but it's starting to drive me nuts now...

I don't think it can be done. It doesn't matter if the seatbelt is on or not. I don't think the guys at the Dodge house can disable it either. It sucks!

dodge cannot disable it.
the seat belt dinger (code to make it stop dinging) will not disable it.
follow the link. it can be done.