Another billet input shaft bites it!

Justice4all

Well here it is fellas. I was just heading to work on the freeway yesterday morning, I went to make a pass in OD lockup and while accelerating I heard a POP! I thought Oh sh!t! my stock output just blew up, but nope it was the dern billet shaft. DAMMIT!

carnage.jpg

carnage2.jpg

It happens, but yours is a new one to me.

Oh, thats a Sonnex shaft.

go to IE for your next shaft.. all of your issues will be over.

Well here it is fellas. I was just heading to work on the freeway yesterday morning, I went to make a pass in OD lockup and while accelerating I heard a POP! I thought Oh sh!t! my stock output just blew up, but nope it was the dern billet shaft. DAMMIT!

carnage.jpg

carnage2.jpg

Hey Justice4all,
How did you end up with my broken parts:hehe: Man that sure looks familiar, except my input broke further down (actually at the hole). John @ Sonnax said he should have an answer for me this Monday hopefully. He said he would either replace it or refund my money. I will take the refund, because I have decided to go OPIE:rockwoot:

Hey Justice4all,
How did you end up with my broken parts:hehe: Man that sure looks familiar, except my input broke further down (actually at the hole). John @ Sonnax said he should have an answer for me this Monday hopefully. He said he would either replace it or refund my money. I will take the refund, because I have decided to go OPIE:rockwoot:

It would be a good idea to talk to Opie first...

I run a Goerend triple TC and a Suncoast laminated FP.

BBram is correct it's a Sonnex shaft.

carnage.jpg

carnage2.jpg

YUCK!!!! Sure sorry to see that.
TOMMY

been there, done that! hope you get it back on the road without issue.

did you have any TC damage? i had to send mine back to suncoast to be reworked because it was damaged when mine snapped.

I think that any billet shaft will break behind a common rail soo much torque.
Ever thought about the Ultimate Fat Shaft input made by IE?

Malcolm

been there, done that! hope you get it back on the road without issue.

did you have any TC damage? i had to send mine back to suncoast to be reworked because it was damaged when mine snapped.

Yup, the TC needs to be repaired. Fortunately, Mr. Goerend is taking care of the parts that were destroyed to include full replacement on the billet shaft and TC to the tune of a $2250 credit towards a fully built tranny from his shop.

Yup, the TC needs to be repaired. Fortunately, Mr. Goerend is taking care of the parts that were destroyed to include full replacement on the billet shaft and TC to the tune of a $2250 credit towards a fully built tranny from his shop.

Thats awsome when my TCS POS input let go they would not even wty the shaft let alone all the damage to the TCS converter.

This is on my Tow rig, never been on the strip.

NEVER BUY TCS.

Thats awsome when my TCS POS input let go they would not even wty the shaft let alone all the damage to the TCS converter.

This is on my Tow rig, never been on the strip.

NEVER BUY TCS.

That makes me nervous hearing that, since I am supposed to have a bulletproof HTS trans in 2 different trucks.. Each one has 3 billet shafts. I think they are all TCS since that is what HTS uses. Ugh.

Back