Another Fuel system question

Silver6.0

I Have an 06 f350 Srw its my daily driver/toy, it will never see a trailer. I have pretty much done everything I can do to it, other then serious performance mods(8" Lift, 37s etc etc). Its 100% Stock with just a canned 120 horse sct tune(Soon to be upgraded to a more aggressive custom tune) and and a 4" Straight pipe. In the not to distant future I plan to go pretty crazy with it(Shooting for 500+rwhp).

So for starters I want it to be as reliable as possible for my needs So I'll be starting with:
Head studs(ARP or H11)
Full EGR Delete(Not sure which company yet)
Oil Bypass Filtration system
Fully Built, Stalled Trans
Also any suggestions are welcome
Fuel system...this last one has me confused on what I should go with

So my question is this

Down the road I'll be moving on to a pretty Hefty Injector Upgrade(205+cc) and Turbo(Probably 66mm+) so I want my fuel upgrade to be done right the first time. I've read up on everything from regulated return kits, larger filter to head fuel lines, Cross over lines, and Self regulated Pump upgrades, such as the Airdog II. What setup/combination is best? I want a setup that will keep my stock injectors at optimum fuel pressure and volume at all times, while still able to handle big boy injectors when the time comes. Please be as specific as possible

Thanks

Last edited:
actually I would skip the oil by-pass filtration.

because you can get 2 kits from TP that will really do a better filtration for your oil, delete's the fuel and oil bowls, and changes out your fuel system(cross-over, larger lines,etc,..)

I did ....

EngineApr20093.jpg

TrustedOilkitnumbered.jpg

So my question is this

Down the road I'll be moving on to a pretty Hefty Injector Upgrade(205+cc) and Turbo(Probably 66mm+) so I want my fuel upgrade to be done right the first time. I've read up on everything from regulated return kits, larger filter to head fuel lines, Cross over lines, and Self regulated Pump upgrades, such as the Airdog II. What setup/combination is best? I want a setup that will keep my stock injectors at optimum fuel pressure and volume at all times, while still able to handle big boy injectors when the time comes. Please be as specific as possible

Thanks

There are a couple of different options.

Option one: best system possible,
Non-regulated fuel pump, and a regulated return system (our Stage II) on the engine. This is the most expensive route but works very well. Using a regulated return system, you are guaranteeing that your injectors always have fuel, no matter what the fuel pressure is as long as the fuel pump is pumping fuel. These system can cost anywhere from $1600 to $2300.

Option two: Good system
Run a regulated fuel pump like a FASS or AirDog to the engine. Then upgrade the lines on the engine. This would be larger lines to the front of the cylinder head (our Stage I) and a crossover line in the back. While there is a chance that the injectors could run into issues, it is extremely small and a lot of people are running systems like this with no issues and have been for years. These systems can cost anywhere from $600 to $1500.

No matter which system you opt for, you will want to upgrade your pick up tube and run -8 lines to the engine. If you were planning on running injectors larger than 205’s I would recommend only the non-regulated fuel pumps but running a 205 or smaller, the regulated fuel pumps are a good option. As for a FASS, AirDog or AirDogII, others have better opinions than us.

When you get ready for a turbo, you may want to ask around before purchasing one. The 66’s are not the best for daily driving and depending on what you plan on doing, you may be better off with something else. It is key to get the turbo right, otherwise your truck won’t be very fun.

There are a couple of different options.

Option one: best system possible,
Non-regulated fuel pump, and a regulated return system (our Stage II) on the engine. This is the most expensive route but works very well. Using a regulated return system, you are guaranteeing that your injectors always have fuel, no matter what the fuel pressure is as long as the fuel pump is pumping fuel. These system can cost anywhere from $1600 to $2300.

Option two: Good system
Run a regulated fuel pump like a FASS or AirDog to the engine. Then upgrade the lines on the engine. This would be larger lines to the front of the cylinder head (our Stage I) and a crossover line in the back. While there is a chance that the injectors could run into issues, it is extremely small and a lot of people are running systems like this with no issues and have been for years. These systems can cost anywhere from $600 to $1500.

No matter which system you opt for, you will want to upgrade your pick up tube and run -8 lines to the engine. If you were planning on running injectors larger than 205’s I would recommend only the non-regulated fuel pumps but running a 205 or smaller, the regulated fuel pumps are a good option. As for a FASS, AirDog or AirDogII, others have better opinions than us.

When you get ready for a turbo, you may want to ask around before purchasing one. The 66’s are not the best for daily driving and depending on what you plan on doing, you may be better off with something else. It is key to get the turbo right, otherwise your truck won’t be very fun.

I really appreciate the advise. I'm shooting for the highest quality I can get and I'll more then likely go with option one. Do you have any suggestions on a pump? Part numbers?

Thanks

Our Stage III kit uses an Aeromotive fuel pump as well as some of our competitors kits. When you get ready, shoot me a pm and I will get you pricing on the Stage III kit. Or give us a call at 817-736-8058

Back