Another lp thread

smoken02

Thinking of buying a vulcan lp relocation kit and a holley blue for now. Do I need a regulator with this pump? Do I need to remove the stock lp? Any opinions on this setup or an idea of how much hp this will support?:thankyou2:

Nope. Been running a holley for a long time. Plumb it straight in line and let it run full pressure. I recommend you have a relay running it though that is triggered off of the stock lift pump harness. Get rid of the stock lift pump as well and just let the holley work. My holley was holding 11psi at WOT at 496hp with -8 line from the tank to the VP and the stock fuel filter.

Well it certainly sounds like that will serve my purpose for awhile. Thanks for the info.

No prob. I have a lot of faith in these holley pumps and have been messing with them for a long time so if you need any help just give me a shout.

If you used the pump harness to trigger a relay where did you get your main power from

I ran a power wire from the battery directly to the relay for the +12v source. I then used the + wire from the factory lift pump harness to trigger the relay to turn it on. I grounded the relay to the frame. The great thing about having the pump triggered by the stock lift pump harness is that it pulses itself just like the factory pump when you first turn the key on and then shuts off while starting so you don't have to worry about high pressure causing a hard start.

thats great, I will get that ordered and if I have any troubles you definatly will be hearing from me for help.

everything else the same just the aeromotive instead of the holley? no regulator or stock lift pump? Mount it back by the tank?

Either or would work well, run the Holley's for 3 years now(?) and have only been through three of them :bang LOL Don't take that as a stab at the Holley, being covered in mud constantly CAN'T be good for them.

smokem, whats your fuel pressure at idle and wot with that pump? what kind of hp?

I'm in the midst of installing my holley blue. I mounted it on the frame in line between the T-case and tank (shortbed 01 Quad cab). I just wired it straight into the harness for the factory lp, and when i started it, the engine went uo to 27-2800rpm, and wouldn't shut off with the ignition. I want to wire it on a relay like you guys are saying, but which wire is the hot wire on the factory lp. yellow or black/white?

Thanks man...Smokem pointed me in the right direction on how to wire uo the relay. Now i'm making 15psi at idle and 12 at WOT with the Juice on level 6!:st: :snoop: