Another oil question

terrillf150

I had been using rotella the non synthetic for a while. Well long story short the girlfriends car was doing some funky stuff. Ended up switching to synthetic and it cured it up. Well if its good enough for that pos i should probably put it in my truck. I ended up with mobile 1 turbo diesel truck 5w40. Anyone have any experience with this stuff. I know i read somewhere that rotella was a big cause of injector failure. Not sure if its true or not but that's the reason I didn't go with that. Around here amsoil was way high and couldn't find schaeffers local. Last thing how much does soot hurt oils performance. After I changed it took it around the block checked the oil level and could see just a hint of soot. Will get a fs2500 later but NO cash now. :shrug:

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_Turbo_Diesel_Truck_5W-40.aspx

I made up the whole Rotella is crap for a 6.0L. I didn't have anything better to do last weekend.

I don't have any high dollar test equipment, but the trucks running Rotella tend to stink like rotten ass. If you can't find the Valvoline, then the customers run the Mobile 1. Anything synthetic 5w-40 are alot better off than what you had in there before.

I've been running it for about 20K now, and no complaints. I was running rotella's syn 5-40, and wasn't that impressed with it. Better than 15-40, but Mobil 1 is better still. I've done oil analysis on every change. Nothing out of the ordinary. Cold weather fires right up, no romps or other weirdness. Just tough to find it around here...