Another stupid question... 10 Month old fuel and filters. Ok?

Convicted1

Hey guys...

I'm finally gonna get to start this turd today... Well... As long as everything goes as planned.

My question is this...

The truck has been sitting for the last 10 - months.

Is the fuel in the tank any good or do I need to drain it?

Are the filters OK or should I replace them as well before starting it.

I'd just replace all this stuff without worryin' about it, but I can't get the new filters ANYWHERE around here till late next week.

I normally run HF6604 and FS1023 on my FASS System...

As you can imagine I'm chompin' at the bit to hear this thing run again, but if you guys tell me not to run it on the old filters, I won't.

Lemme know what you think.

Thanks again!

-David

wow man, ive gone a year at a time and no problems with mine, but i do add hammer down to the tank before hand to keep the organisms from formin...

I think you'll be fine. Diesel doesn't break down as fast as gas! As a test pull and drain filters into a bucket to see what it looks like then turn the key on and let the pump put some more fuel into the bucket and look at it!

Diesel is real bad about condensation, witch can actually cause algae! Question is how full was your tank? I have seen trucks sit for 4 or 5 months without problems, the fass should catch most of this but it maybe a good idea to check the tank! We all know how much these injectors cost! Just an idea David....