any big downfalls/weakspots?

FFemt5287

I've been mulling over DPF/EGR deletes on my 2010 pretty much since I've bought it. It has 8k miles on it without a single problem. My hesitation is with warranty issues. I'm not familiar with the service manager at my dealership and from one of the service techs I've talked to, they're hit or miss on covering modified trucks.

In the past I've had a "thing" for modifying diesels (see the sold 97 F350 discription in my sig). I'm usually not a very wild modifier, but I like a bit more horsepower and efficiency out my trucks. I'd also love to get my fuel mileage a bit higher than the low teens I typically see. Down the line I'll probably get with larger injectors and a twin turbo setup.

My question here is are there any notorious failures of this engine? Mostly concerned with large ticket items that would fail and not be covered under warranty. I've used the search function and come up with quite a bit of info on the deletes and their outcomes, but nothing about notorious driveline failures.

Thanks for the help

Brandon

Last edited: