Any ET drop - 285s down to 265s?

xtremexj

Just wondering if anyone has dropped a tenth or two by dropping back down in tire size? Thinking that it might work as some of the faster 6.0s seem to be in mostly stock configuration.

I went from breaking transmission shafts with 285's to running 11's with 265's. I doubt this helps you though. :hehe:

BINGS TRUCK said:
I've run a 13.73 so far with 285's and wild looney yet to get back with new fuel system.

What is the configuration of your truck - regular, super or crew cab? 2wd or 4wd? I am assuming that you probably have exhaust and intake as well?

joefarmer said:
I went from breaking transmission shafts with 285's to running 11's with 265's. I doubt this helps you though. :hehe:

Yeah, I'm just a little ways off that kind of power.:D

Truck is a crewcab short box 4x4, yes have stage 1 afe and turbo back exhaust with no cat. Your mph is there for faster times I'm thinking that your 60ft times are holding you back.

BINGS TRUCK said:
Your mph is there for faster times I'm thinking that your 60ft times are holding you back.

That's what DJ was saying as well. I'm just trying to decide whether just to go to the 285s in an all terrain or drop right down to the 265s.

You should be fine with the 285's.
What is your current 60' times?

With that mph you should easily be in the 13.70 range

Drop your air pressure down to 38-40psi and launch at around 2100rpms:rockwoot: .

xtremexj said:
That's what DJ was saying as well. I'm just trying to decide whether just to go to the 285s in an all terrain or drop right down to the 265s.

iracemx6 said:
You should be fine with the 285's.
What is your current 60' times?

With that mph you should easily be in the 13.70 range

Drop your air pressure down to 38-40psi and launch at around 2100rpms:rockwoot: .

The run listed in my sig was a 1.89 60' only launching at 12psi - that's all the track and springs would handle. A couple weeks ago I clamped the rear springs and was able to launch at 15psi and managed 1.85. These are all with the mud tires and they just don't have enough contact with the ground to hook. I would LOVE to get into the 13.70s to match the trap speed.:D
I haven't tried dropping the tire pressure that far because I think that will hurt the top end but I guess I won't know unless I try.

I launch on rpm not boost,but everyone is different.

Your 60' is no that bad.I was pulling 1.85's on my 285 BFG's with just a tune.

You will not see a difference in your top end by dropping tire pressure and it will help your 60'.
I'd rather have a faster et than mph.
xtremexj said:
The run listed in my sig was a 1.89 60' only launching at 12psi - that's all the track and springs would handle. A couple weeks ago I clamped the rear springs and was able to launch at 15psi and managed 1.85. These are all with the mud tires and they just don't have enough contact with the ground to hook. I would LOVE to get into the 13.70s to match the trap speed.:D
I haven't tried dropping the tire pressure that far because I think that will hurt the top end but I guess I won't know unless I try.

Thats what I want to try dropping air pressure, was runinng 60 psi on 285 BFG all terrians best 60ft was 1.76. Launching with to much boost = wheel spin to little boost = bad 60ft. Hoping lower air pressure I can leave at a higher boost and not spin resulting into better ET.

Been there and done that with the same exact tire and pressure.

I now have 295's and really like them.
I have been playing around with tire pressure and 38-40 is working great!
Truck squats and goes.
BINGS TRUCK said:
Thats what I want to try dropping air pressure, was runinng 60 psi on 285 BFG all terrians best 60ft was 1.76. Launching with to much boost = wheel spin to little boost = bad 60ft. Hoping lower air pressure I can leave at a higher boost and not spin resulting into better ET.

Back