any idea what kind of hp this might make?

01dirtydodge

I have a 2001 cummins 24 valve H.O with the nv5600 and this is how i am thinking of settin it up. i already have a cfm+,afe stage 2,fass 150, edge comp box and a smarty.

What im thinking about adding is
edge jammer stage 4 nozzles,
II phatshaft 62 or 64 or maby the silver 62 or 64.
Head studs but im not sure if i can just do 12mm or if i should punch them to 14mm also what brand is good.
Last but not least a southbend double disk 3600 street comp clutch.

If anyone has any idea how this setup will run or if you have any input on things i should consider doing different please let me know. I plan on doing a little sled pulling but mostly this trucks job is movin stuff around the farm. Thanks in advance for any help.

I think you'll probabilly be around 425hp, But I think you could probabilly get over 450hp pretty easy with some better injectors, like some DDP 150hp's. Thants a pretty big turbo for stage 4 nozzles. Stick with 12mm headstuds, you have no need for 14mm with your setup.

Here's my setup for you to consider. Dynoed 450hp @ 972 ft/lbs. It is not much of a speed deamon being a stick shifter, but pulls a trailer like a dream.

2002 Dodge 3500 4x4 6-speed, Edge Juice w/ Att, Jammer IV sticks (125 hp), AFE stage II, AFE Bladerunner, SB Con OFE, II PS62/14 turbo, Vulcan Big Line Relo Kit, 5" straight exhaust w/ stack

Dyno05-03-08b.jpg

Since I once had jammers I would suggest getting a diffrent set. Jammers run alot hotter. No matter what charger you have.

Since I once had jammers I would suggest getting a diffrent set. Jammers run alot hotter. No matter what charger you have.

True, they aren't the best. I hardly ever exceed 1300F at WOT with the 62/14. So if you are on a buget, they'll work with that size of turbo. I tried the Jammer 5's from a buddies truck one time too. They run good, a little more smokey, but I could cool them reasonably well. If I was smart a few years ago I'd have bough Mach's or something nice. Mine's a tow rig for the most part and they work well for me. $.02

With a #10,000 trailer on the Intestate at 75 mph, egts are 1200 on hills and normally around 1050 on flat land.

hmm, I thought stage 4 nozzles were 100hp... my bad...

Thanks for all the input guys. Ive heard that the jammer's arent the best and can get hot, honestly the reason i was looking at them is a friend of mine can get them super cheap for me.

If i went with injectors that are small for the turbo what kind of negative effect am i gonna have?

4x4 dually do you ever tow any heavier loads with your set up? If so any trouble with egt's.
sorry if i seem uninformed im trying to learn as i go thanks again for the help.

it wouldnt hurt to o-ring the head. its doesnt cost much, and doesnt take much time at the machine shop. its a lil extra insurance. i have A1 studs along w/ o-ring.

it wouldnt hurt to o-ring the head. its doesnt cost much, and doesnt take much time at the machine shop. its a lil extra insurance. i have A1 studs along w/ o-ring.

Ive heard of of doing that but not sure what it means

Is it a kit i can buy and is it something any machine shop can do?

thanks for the help

its something the machine shop will do. they cut a small groove around the combustion chamber. then a a ring is placed in the groove and sandwiched between the head and the block.

Hey Shakin IH got the PM and fired one back at ya hope it made it.thanks for the help.

Haisley and Schied sell an O-ringed head gasket that requires no machine work to the head, My buddie is running it and sees 70psi alot... cost about $280 i think...