any ideas plz help

Sounds like you lost a valve seat. They can happen just that fast it seems on the 03-04 engines. Pull the valve cover and do a visual inspection of all of your valve stem heights.

Thinking valve seat too. I started it up crack each injector line one at a time and no change. Unplugged each injector connector one at a time and still ni change. This morning I started it up to listen and you can hear the exhaust sounds like it sucking air just like some of the vids I have seen. Hipe it didn't smoke a piston. Time for some port work and a head job now. Of coirse al this right aftet I install twin cp3s and a raptor 150 and a fuel heavy tune. Well atleast I got one good wot run out of her.

Every time someone cracks an injector line on a common rail I laugh, all it does is drop rail pressure. Take a lazer thermometer to the exhaust manifold and check temps, with a sound as such if should be obvious which hole.

I cacked the lines and pulled the wiring plug on each set of injectors.

Thinking valve seat too. I started it up crack each injector line one at a time and no change. Unplugged each injector connector one at a time and still ni change. This morning I started it up to listen and you can hear the exhaust sounds like it sucking air just like some of the vids I have seen. Hipe it didn't smoke a piston. Time for some port work and a head job now. Of coirse al this right aftet I install twin cp3s and a raptor 150 and a fuel heavy tune. Well atleast I got one good wot run out of her.

The last few words Fuel Heavy Tune tells me that you need to pull the injectors and inspect them for a busted tip then do a cylinder leak down and find the affected cylinder.

A leak down will tell you everything.

Oh and don't ever crack lines on a CR who ever taught you that needs an education themselves.

Last edited:
Looks like #3 & #4 dropped a seat. Made a hose that fits down the injector bore and when I blow into it you can hear air going to the ex manifold. Injectors have no signs of damage but will send them off to be check and get bigger tips. Time to start pulling the head now.

Last edited:
20130907_175356.jpg
This is normal right...lol something went through the turbo..oh its the valve seats. Pullig pieces of thembout or the ex housing all soaked in oil. The housing is puddled up with oil too. Just lovely

Last edited:
Looks like #3 & #4 dropped a seat. Made a hose that fits down the injector bore and when I blow into it you can hear air going to the ex manifold. Injectors have no signs of damage but will send them off to be check and get bigger tips. Time to start pulling the head now.

Ummm is that with the rockers off?

Yep that's a valve seat ! I drove my truck 375 miles on a Friday , ran like a champ , than when I started it up sat morn sounded just like yours . Only dif is I got a fully ported and milled head ! Sux

Ueah I guess u could say I was blowin my own head. Amd yes that is with rockers off lol. Got a partially ported head in theb garage I might have to finish up if this one is bad. I'd the pistons or block is bad it's 6.7 boottom end time with all the goodies.

So the seat fell in after you cleaned the air filter?:pop:
That really sucks! Motor looks clean can you save the piston or have to pull it?

Last edited:
I got out with out piston damage , as soon as I cranked it I shut it back down and pulled the v/c and one of the bridges was laying to the side so I started pulling the head.